Chapter 14 Volume 2

Ruby (POV)
It's the middle of the night and Zwei wakes me up.
Ruby- Zwei it's the middle of the night. Go back to bed.
Zwei runs off and I get up and follow him. I lose him outside
Ruby- Zwei where are you?
I see that he's using the restroom.
Ruby- Zwei this is a wasteland. You literally could've done that anywhere.
Zwei barks and we hear voices so we hide behind some rubble. I sneak a peek and see two whitefang soilders. Zwei and I follow them to what seems to be another abandoned building. I hide behind a corner and put Zwei on top of my head.
Ruby- Did they go in yet? One bark means yes.
Zwei barks.
Ruby- oh this is it. This is it.
I take my scroll to call the rest of the team but it has no service.
Ruby- Oh man. (Looks at Zwei) Come on. We step in the middle of the street and it cracks.
Ruby- Huh?
The ground proceeds to crack open into a giant hole causing me to fall in. I hang on to the ledge with my left hand while o hold Zwei with my right. I toss Zwei up along with scarlet rose. Before I can get myself up, the ledge breaks and I fall into the dark abyss. I fall for a bit and land on a platform. I get up and look around the area to see that this must be their base of operations. I hear a door open up behind me and I turn around to see two whitefang soldiers with their guns drawn on me.
WF Soldier 1- Freeze!
WF soldier 2- Where did she come from?
I back up and almost fall off the platform.
WF soldier 1- You're a long way from home little girl.
One the soldiers grabs me.
Ruby- Hey! Hands off!
I yank my arm away and hit him with a left gut punch. That didn't seem to faze him so I throw a right haymaker. He blocks it with his left arm and hits me square in the jaw with a right and I fall on my side.
WF soldier 1- The boss is gonna want to see this one.
The soldier comes up to me and stomps in the face. Then everything goes black.
Yang (POV)
I'm done with my shift as the lookout and I go back to the sleeping bags.
Yang- Hey Weiss, it's your...(looks at Ruby's empty sleeping bag) Ruby? Hey where's Ruby?
I hear steps come down the stairs. It's oobleck.
Oobleck- What?
Zwei comes running into our camp.
Yang- Zwei?
Zwei looks at me and whimpers.
Blake- (wakes up) What's going on.
Oobleck- Grab your weapons. Your leader may be in trouble.
We rush out of camp and look for Ruby. We come across a big hole and Ruby's scythe.
Yang- Ruby's scythe!
Blake- Oh no.
Weiss- Do you think she fell?
Oobleck- Fell?
Weiss- (points down the hole) Down there.
Oobleck- Oh my. Of course. Of course of course of course!!
Blake - What is it?!
Yang- Dr. oobleck what's wrong?
Oobleck- Mountain Glenn. Yes. An expansion of Vale that was inevitably destroyed by creatures of grim. Previously home to thousands of people. Working people commuting to the city. The main city developed a subway system to the inner city. Grim attacks increased. Population in danger. Now desperately in search of shelter. The city evacuates into the metro tunnels and what do they mind? The southeast quadrant of Vale is known for wild forests and deep caves.
Yang- Doc what are you saying?
Oobleck- My dear we are not just looking for an underground crime network. We are looking for an UNDERGROUND CRIME NETWORK!
Blake- They've been working in caves?
Oobleck- No no. Mountain Glenn was Vale's first serious attempt at expansion. It worked for a short period of time thanks to aggressive permeative defense and unique transportation. The city built an elaborate subway system to carry citizens from the new territory into the main kingdom. Sadly with the many natural barriers Vale had to protect its borders, Mountain Glenn was doomed from the start. As the end drew near, the citizens made one last attempt at survival. They took up shelter beneath the city in massive caves they had cleared for the subway and they had cut themselves off from the surface.
Yang- An underground village?
Oobleck- In a matter of speaking, yes. A safe haven until an explosion opened the mouth of another cavern filled with subterranean grim. After that, the kingdom officially sealed off its tunnels creating the worlds largest tomb. (Coffee mug changes into staff) If Ruby is down there, we must find her.
Author: That's it for this chapter. It was kinda short but this part of the story has lots in it and I'm trying to pace it by sections. Hope you enjoyed it.