01. Greenie

I felt a pulling force throughout my body. The ground under me was cold and everything around me was dark. I felt scared as I heard metal parts hitting each other vigorously. I knew I was moving, but I didn't know where to. I didn't know where I was, but I knew I was trapped. I tried to move around, I tried to stand up, but the pressure didn't let me. I kept falling back. I felt metal bars under my finger tips replacing the walls and some kind of barrel like items hitting my back as I was inspecting the place. It felt like a cage at first, but my eyes weren't helping me and it did make me less confident about my findings. 

I felt a loud crashing sound as I stopped moving along with the cage. It was quiet for some time before some kind of doors opened up above me. I heard voices, but I couldn't see anything as my eyes took longer to adjust to the sudden brightness falling up on me.

"It's a girl!" I heard a male's voice coming from above followed by a few gasps. I felt a loud thump and a boy jumped down right next to me. As my vision started to come back properly a skinny looking blonde boy stood in front of me with a confused expression. "Hey!" He greeted me and held out a hand to help me up. I pushed his hand away and stood up on my own.

"Where am I?" I asked confused but my voice sounded angrier then I wanted to let it.

"We will explain everything in time, but it's quite a long story, so let's get out of here first." He replied and held his hand out again. I looked up and saw a bunch of teenage boys looking at me like I was the newest attraction in a circus. Like a baby lamb in the zoo. It didn't make me feel comfortable at all, therefore I decided to decline his help again. I stood up on one of the barrels to get in eye level with the ground. I saw a wide green area in front of me. I placed my hands on the edge of the concrete that circled around the cage and pushed myself up to get out of it. The boys standing in front of me made space for me to get out before even asking them to do so. I saw the blond guy grabbing one of the other boys' hands and being pulled up to the ground. "Well, that's a way to do it too." He said chuckling happily.

"Please do explain." I asked as I looked around and I saw nothing but trees, wooden buildings of some sort, animals kept closed off behind a fence, and huge concrete walls all around the place.

"It's called the Glade." He said simply as if I was supposed to understand.

"The what?" I asked back looking around.

"The Glade." He repeated and it annoyed me.

"Well, guess what, I understood the first time as well. I simply wanted a better explanation of what on earth the Glade is. But I don't seem to be understood." I explained frowning.

"Okay..." He said pausing for a second taking a long breath. "the Glade is where we live. It's basically our home. We grow our food here, we breed our animals, we build our buildings, we all have a job to participate in." He explained, but it didn't seem to get processed by my brain just yet.

"And why on earth are you all here? Why on earth am I even here?" I asked still confused. A tall darker skinned guy walked up to me. He stood firmly and seriously. He had the aura of a leader as he towered over me.

"Come with me." He said and started walking away without waiting for me. I had no choice but to follow him as my head was filled with questions.

"I want answers." I said and stopped walking after him. "You all look at me like I'm some kind of a freak. I have no idea where I am, I see nothing but boys not even one girl is present and to be honest I can not even remember a single memory of mine so excuse me if you think I'm being too much, but I'm going to stuck on this same place if needed the whole day until someone gives me an actual explanation of what the hell is going on." I ranted in confusion. I wasn't angry or upset, I just felt like I was missing something. Better to say everything as I couldn't recall anything from my name, my age, people I knew, where I was born, not even minor trivial things.

The boy turned around and looked me in the eye.

"You will be told everything you need to know." He said briefly and started walking away.

"That's not good enough." I stated and crossed my arm in front of my chest. The way he turned back around was scary. He had a frightening look on his face and his eyes narrowed when he looked straight into my eyes. I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw the blonde boy stand next to me.

 I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw the blonde boy stand next to me

"Leave it to me Alby, I will take care of the greenie." He said with a gentle smile appearing on his face. For some reason his presence made me feel a bit more at ease but my guards were still up and they didn't plan to come down any time soon.

The guy, called Alby nodded as an acknowledgement of the blonde boy's offer and walked away without a second glance. I looked up at the happy boy and was offered a hand once again.

"I'm Newt." He said and the smile was still spread across his face. I shook his hand, but I couldn't give him the answer he expected.

"Well, I can't even remember my name!" I shrugged my shoulders and let go of his hand.

"Don't you worry, it will come back in time." He said reassuring.

"Who was that guy before?" I asked curiously.

"His name is Alby. He is the leader of the Glade. He can be a bit grumpy sometimes, don't take it personally. Although he probably isn't really happy with you, because you didn't behave as respectfully as he expects people to." He explained.

"Well I'm sorry I wasn't given a list of who to respect with all the information I have flooding in my head." I shook my head in disbelief. "It's not like I came here knowing who is who, therefore his behaviour is completely unnecessary." I shrugged and heard his quiet chuckles. I looked at him with a confused expression.

"Yeah, let's just not say that in front of him." He smiled and lead me around the Glade.