35. Reality pt.2 - Final

"No, we are not good. I know there's something else. Something that you don't want to tell me." He kept going on. "I feel it."

"It doesn't matter anymore. Can't you just understand that I don't want to talk about it?" I shouted. "Even if there are things I am not telling you, it's not necessary for you to know them. They don't matter anymore. Why are you trying to..." I tried to continue but he pulled me closer and kissed me. I tried to push him away numerous times but I couldn't. He was stronger and I felt weak in his arms. I was longing for his lips for so long and I couldn't physically resist him anymore. It felt good to be embraced by him.

 It felt good to be embraced by him

"Please." He begged me as we parted, but he still kept me close to him by holding onto my waist. 

"Why? Why do you have to make it so hard? It really doesn't matter anymore. Please understand that." I was almost begging him this time.

"It matters to me. They are my memories as well, but for some reason I can't get them back." He replied desperately.

"Maybe you can't remember because they are not as important to you as they are to me." I explained, but I immediately regretted my words.

"What?" He let go of my waist and took a step back. Anger was clearly showing in his eyes. "Do you really take me for the kind of person who apparently saves your life and forgets about it because it is not that important? I hope you are just having a laugh." He was furious and I knew I screwed it up.

"That's not what I meant, Minho." I tried to save the situation.

"Then what did you mean? Because by the way I look at it, that is exactly what you said." He hissed in anger.

"I meant whatever I am not telling you might not be important to you anymore, that is why you can't remember." I explained.

"Then tell me, so I can decide if it is important to me enough." He asked but this time there was no gentle tone to his voice. It was pure anger.

"Fine. Then listen carefully, because I will not repeat myself." I spit it in anger. "You got shot, because we tried to escape. You were dying so I made a decision on my own. I agreed to be a willing part of their experiments if they saved you. They also put you under tests, but I didn't know they would do the same to you. Anyway, it weakened me. I could barely walk or even take care of myself, so when they wanted to send me here, into the Glade, you took my place to save me. You were weak too, but they didn't destroy you as much as they did to me. You made me promise to get better. And so I did. I worked very hard to get healthy again and so when the time came I made another agreement with them. They let me come after you. So now I am here. Are you happy now? Do you know everything?" I growled. I couldn't believe I just told him almost everything.

"I loved you, didn't I?" He asked frowning. I felt like thousands of needles penetrating my chest. His use of past tense was something I was not prepared for.

"Yes, you did." I replied shortly. I didn't have energy for more than those 3 words. Seconds passed by, but we didn't say a word. Then minutes went by, but we were still standing in silence. I looked up at him and I wished I didn't. His blank expression broke my heart once again. I sighed deeply and walked away. I couldn't handle that atmosphere anymore.

"Did you love me?" He asked to my surprise. I turned around and frowned.

"Why else would I have come after you?" I asked. "Yes, I did." I made sure to use past tense. It was easier like that. Or so I thought.

"And do you still love me?" My eyes widened in disbelief.

"Minho, please don't." I shook my head. "I told you what I knew, because you really wanted to know. But I don't want to go into this conversation." I turned around and continued while walking away. "We talked about it and we came to a decision. Let's keep it that way. It's been working." I couldn't believe that he was so stupid not to understand that I was trying to get over him.

"I love you." I halted without a second thought and turned around in milliseconds. "I love you, Y/N." I couldn't believe my eyes, my ears. I stood there in silence for a few seconds before I burst into a bitter laughter.

"Right. You might think it's funny to say it, but it's not." I was still laughing sourly. "Just because you loved me before, you don't have to act like you still do. Oh my god, I feel so stupid. Don't you? It was such a mistake to tell you." I couldn't stop laughing, but this time tears joined to it. "I sincerely thought, you genuinely had feelings for me before, but right now I feel so dumb that it even crossed my mind. Oh my god, how can someone be such a moron. I am ashamed of me. I can't believe this." I didn't even realise that he was only standing a couple of inches away from me. He cupped my face into his hands and kissed my forehead while I was ranting about whatever I was saying at that moment. To shut me up, he kept hinting little kisses on my lips and it seemed to be working. Not long after I finally did quiet down.

"I really do love you, Y/N. And I have known for a while how I feel." He whispered. "At first it was confusing and I just wanted to not know about it." He shook his head. "But when it cleared up, I knew I was stupid for doing so. But I still felt like something was missing. I had only one thought; What if I only love you because we are here and we are stuck together. What if it changes when we leave." He sighed deeply while hinting another kiss on my forehead. "But after what you have said, I have no doubts. We knew each other before. I loved you before. It didn't just come because we are here. It came because I started to love you as a person. My love is for you, not for just a person in the glade." He kissed my left cheek gently. I didn't know how to react. I just had to take a few deep breaths.

"Are you sure? You can still take it back." I tried to avoid another step-back between us.

"I love you. And even the Glade couldn't change that." I smiled gently.

"I love you too." I replied and returned his gesture. He kissed me, probably the most gentle way as if I was a porcelain doll and I happily returned it.

I felt something heavy jump onto us and a force pulling closer almost into a hug. Minho and I parted and a big blond mess of hair and a huge ear to ear smile appeared in our vision.

"Finally. It was painful to even watch." He laughed.

"Newt, you slinthead." Minho pushed him away while still holding onto my waist. "Shut up and stop ruining the moment." They bickered, but I was just happily watching the unfolding situation.

I am not sure what the future will hold for us and the Gladers. I'm not sure when we will be able to find an escape route of some kind. But I am sure, it will happen. It's just all about the "when".

The end

I would like to thank everyone who read my story.

I was struggling with it for a while, when I was in Korea for 3 months, but I'm happy I could finally finish it.

Thank you for the support, the reads, the votes, the comments and the interest over all.

Thank you again,

Heloise Daphne Brightmore