[12] Raising Hell

The siblings called the rest of the group in to start the ritual

"Jocelyn was right, your artistry is beyond compare." Magnus complimented Clary as he entered the room with the Shadowhunters following in suit. 

"I don't know about that." Clary frowned looking down. 

"Don't sell yourself short sis." Myrcella winked with a smile to lift her sister's spirits. 

"Oh, the only other person I've known who could draw as well was Michelangelo." The high warlock defended smiling. "Who was excellent in bed, I might add." He added much to Myrcella's dismay, giving her a smirk. 

"What?" Clary questioned her sister as Isabelle laughed and the two male Shadowhunters gave each other puzzled looks. 

"Mag! The demon." Myrcella quickly stated to change the topic but she could still feel Alec's eyes on her.

"Okay." The warlock replied clapping his hands and walked away to his spot on the pentagram. "We're ready. Everyone take your rightful place on the pentagram." He rolled up his sleeves and everyone but Clary went to stand in front of a corner. Jace led her to the correct place and everyone was ready. 

"What about Myrcella?" The younger Fairchild questioned when she saw her sister was casually leaning against the wall behind Magnus. 

"She's too powerful to risk summoning a demon my child. I fear what might happen if he got his hands on her." The high warlock replied smiling. "Also I will need to channel her if the demon got too powerful." He added looking back at the girl.

"Plus I'll be right here to help if something went wrong." Myrcella replied giving everyone a reassuring smile, even though she didn't fully like the idea. "Don't worry old man, I'll be right here." She teased Magnus.

"We must initiate a bond. Once this bond is sealed, it cannot be broken until the demon retreats. No matter what happens, we must not let go of each other's hands." Magnus stated looking at everyone and reaching out his right hand to Alec who looked uneasy for a second but obliged and held his hand after making eye contact with Myrcella. 

Her smile made him feel okay with it and he reached out his hand towards Jace already feeling a weird energy pulsing between the trio. Once everyone was holding each other's hands, Myrcella could feel the energy flowing between them. 

"I will lead the ceremony, and you all must do exactly as I say. The demon's name is Valak and at some point, he will ask for payment in exchange for Clary's memories." Magnus stated to the group, confusing everyone but Myrcella. She already knew that there had to be a sacrifice to get her sister's memories back.

"What do you mean? What kind of payment?" Jace yelled out voicing the Lightwood siblings' and Clary's thoughts. 

"We will see. Let us begin." The high warlock cut it short and started speaking in Chthonian. The Shadowhunters started looking around to see if the spell was working as Myrcella walked around whispering her own spell.