Chapter 11 (PaperFresh Arc)

The alarm buzzed next to PJ's head, signalling his time to wake up.

"PJ!! It's time to wake up!! C'monnnnn!!!" Cil's complained, pulling on his older brothers blanket.

"I don't wanna...." He muttered, waving off his brother.

Cil pouted, trying to think of something that would get him up.

Oh! I know! I'll kill two birds with one stone and confirm his crush on Fresh!

"But what about Fresh? Di-"

PJ was already up and pulling on a shirt.

"-dn't he get hurt yesterday......." Cil trailed off, watching his brothers guarded eyes, waiting for some emotion.

Which he got in the form of determination.

What is PJ planning?

PJ hurried out of the room, leaving Cil confused and wondering.

I forgot that he got hurt yesterday!!! I need to make sure he gets to school on time.

PJ froze. Wait, why should I? He's got Digit and Cray.....I'll just check on him at school if he's there.

He shook away the nagging worry in the back of his head, and headed downstairs to eat breakfast.

"So, what happened yesterday?" Ink asked as they ate breakfast.

"What do you mean?"

"The accident. I saw Fresh with a crutch and Digit had a new eyepatch. What happened?"

"Oh, someone pushed both of them on their way out of the lunchroom." Palette said.

"That's terrible! It must have been a pretty hard fall if Fresh broke his ankle!" Ink gasped.

"He only sprained it." Cil said, clearly worried though.

"Yeah...." PJ said, picking at his food. "I'm ready to go."

"Me to!"

"Me three."

"Alright, get in the car." Error said, everyone standing up and leaving.

And soon enough, two thumps landed on the car, surprising Ink and Pallete who hadn't been there the last time.

"Who the-" Ink said, opening a window.

"Hey, Buggy, Paint Splash, Pajamas, Cylinder, Color Scheme!" Digit's familiar voice came from the roof.

"Hiya, everyone." Another voice joined his.

"Fresh? Digit? Where's Cray?" Cil asked, yelling out the open window.

"Look to your right!"

Sure enough, there was Cray, cruising down besides them."

Fresh is on the car?!? PJ kinda panicked, worried because he had said his parkour was 'rusty' and he had a sprained ankle!!

He didn't stop worrying until they reached the school.

Digit leaped off the car, Fresh on his back carrying his crutch.

"Thats dangerous!!" Ink began scolding Digit after Fresh had been carefully let down to earth.

"Chill, mate. It's not the first time I've done it before, just never carrying Fresh." He shrugged, only furthering his scolding.

PJ walked over to Fresh, concern written over his face.

"Are you ok?" Fresh looked up at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I trust Digit with my life." Fresh said, grinning.

"Now kiss." Digit's voice came from behind them.

"Digit!!" Fresh's face once again lit up.

"Wow, quite the scolding you got from Papa Ink. Almost like he's your dad to." PJ retaliated.

Digits pupil disappeared for a second, before reappearing. "Eh, we have history." Digit shrugged, rolling his eye.

What?

"What?" Fresh vocalized PJ's thoughts.

"Yeah, I sort of maybe setup Error and Ink when I was like, 5. You had already been born, but Ink didn't know the significant other. So I set them up. Without realizing it."

The beep rang, leaving both Fresh and PJ in silent shock as Digit disappeared into the school doors.

"I didn't know that." Fresh said, starting to walk to the doors.

"Me neither. Then again, I just met him, so..."

"Didn't you just meet both of us?"

PJ stopped. "You....really don't remember."

"Remember what?"

"Nothing important. C'mon, it's time for P.E." PJ said, pulling on Fresh's hand, which he didn't realize he grabbed, walking towards the gymnasium.

Fresh's face immediately lit into a fiery blush. He was not used to intimacy with anyone other then Cray and Digit and maybe Alphys, even as much as holding hands was enough to set Fresh's blush off.

They entered the gym, PJ seemingly coming to his senses and releasing Fresh's hand. PJ went off to say hi to his friends that were in the class, while Fresh headed to the locker room, blush slowly dying down.

"So did you two finally kiss?"

"AHHHH HOLY GOLDEN CHICKEN NUGGETS!!" Fresh yelled, seeing none other than Digit him-freaking-self laughing his tailbone off.

"Digit, I will laser-hand you in the face."

"Big Hero Six." Digit said. They had this sort of thing that if the other quotes something from a movie, the other has to name the movie its from.

"So did you?"

"......No..." Fresh said, sighing.

"Is that disappointment I hear?" Digit said, grinning.

"W-What?! N-NO, absolutely not!" Fresh's stammering practically gave him away.

"Awww....Dang it." Digit muttered, but his grin never left his face.

"Shuddup."

"I didn't say nothin!!"

"You were going to!!"

This playful banter went on before they went their separate ways go their gym lockers to get dressed.

Fresh walked in on PJ putting his shirt on.

When did he get in here?!?! Fresh thought, blush brighter than ever, rushing to his own locker to get changes himself.

"Fresh? When did you get here?" PJ asked as the smaller skeleton.

"I could ask you the same thing." Fresh didn't show his face to PJ, his voice kinda muffled.

"Fresh? Are you ok?" The smaller nodded.

"Ok then.." He left so the awkwardness in the air dissipated.

Fresh removed the hand from his nosehole, blood gently trickling down his lip from a sudden nosebleed.

~

Sorry for that lack of updates, Berries!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter!!

Word Count: 861