Keep You Safe (One-shot)

Star's P.O.V
It's been a couple years since Marco and I have been in love, things have moved quickly and I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. We still grieve over Janna sometimes but we always help each other to look on the bright side, Janna loved making fun of us but also complimenting our love for each other. She always knew how to cheer us up, or patch us up together when we fell apart. I wish things turned out different but Janna is dead and nothing can change that but that doesn't stop me from missing her a lot.

My anxiety hasn't disappeared completely but Marco has helped so much with it, and I've gotten more friends to help as well. Kelly is my closest friend, she's helped me a lot during my anxiety attacks when Marco couldn't be there. Some days I don't have any but most days I have one, sometimes they're really bad but...that rarely happens. I sometimes hear mom crying about Janna's death and I always help her, telling her I couldn't imagine the pain she's going through with losing her own child. It's indescribable.

"Star! This is the second time today that you've spaced out when I'm talking to you!" Marco's hands snapped in my face and he was smiling big. Once in a while I just space out, Marco is used to it by now.

"Sorry...I'm just thinking about us and life." Marco's smile grew and he chuckled a bit. I didn't know exactly why he chuckled but I always fell in love with him all over again when I heard his laugh.

"What about us? Are you thinking about how we're going out tonight, you'll be a little surprised." Marco surprises me with dates every once in a while and I love it, spontaneous dates are my favorite. People may think that's ridiculous but Marco and I are different with about everything we do.

"Are we travelling to a different country?" I got excited as I thought about the possibility of us travelling, just driving in his car, listening to the radio and singing at the top of our lungs. I loved thinking about that, I hope one day it would be true.

"One day, Star, one day. Unfortunately not today but it's something...almost better." He was smirking as he said those words and I wanted to kiss him, so I did. It was a quick and sweet kiss but every kiss we share is amazing.

Once we got out of school Marco immediately took my hand and led me to his car. I wondered where we were going but I followed him, wherever we were going will be fun. It's always fun being with Marco, always. As he drove to the unknown destination, I cranked the radio up and sang to every song, thankful that they played Close To Me by Ellie Goulding. My confusion grew as we approached a house, I didn't recognize it so I knew nothing about where we were.

"This isn't really a date but it is, that doesn't make sense but...just follow me! I can't wait to see your reaction to where we are." His eyes and smile was full of excitement, making me excited as well. Suddenly I heard dogs, barking and yipping from behind the yellow house. I started jumping up and down, squealing in happiness, we are getting a puppy!

"Yes, I'm getting you a puppy, this guy has corgi's too which I know are your favorite." He laughed, he knows me so well. I ran towards the house and heard Marco following me. When we got to the front door Marco knocked and waited until someone answered. He was older than us, tall and skinny, he looked friendly which I expected since he had a bunch of puppies.

"Hey! I'm Marco Diaz and this is my girlfriend, Star Butterfly. We're here to adopt a dog, most likely a corgi." My smile grew and the man smiled as well, walking outside and shutting the door.

"Follow me! I'm Mr. Agreste, my wife Marinette loves dogs but we have to sell a couple to get money. I'm guessing you love dogs as much as us?" Mr. Agreste lead us to the backyard where about ten puppies were running around in a fenced up area. They were all super cute and I almost cried at the adorableness.

"I LOVE dogs so much, they're just so cute!" Marco laughed at my reaction but agreed, we both loved dogs more than a lot of things. This couple seemed to be that way as well. Marco and I started looking at the dogs, petting about every single one. The corgi immediately caught my attention, they are legit my favorite dogs, they're tiny and cute!

"I want the corgi. I love the other dogs but I still love the corgi the best and I already have a name for her." Marco laughed at how I had a name but nodded his head, understanding that I wanted the corgi no matter what. I saw him walk over to Mr. Agreste and point to the corgi I wanted, he smiled while explaining why he was getting me one, to help with my anxiety when I was at home or taking a walk around town. The dog would be a great help for me.

"Marinette named her Rose, it's not really original but she loved that name. You can change it since he's still a young pup. I smiled at the cute name but I knew I wanted to change it to Janna, she loved corgi's as well so why not name a corgi after her?

"I'm naming her Janna." Marco smiled and Mr. Agreste agreed that it was a cute name.

We talked with Mr. Agreste for a while and left with the dog in my arms. She licked my face as we got back in the car and drove away. I was happier than ever about having a dog, a corgi especially! Not only did I have a boyfriend and friends to help me but I now have a dog that will help with my anxiety as well. Marco and I had talked about it for a while since we've read that dogs help but he never actually told me he would buy one!

"I'm going to keep you safe, Janna, don't you worry." I smiled as she licked my face once again, things would look up, I just know it. In some weird way I thought that maybe Janna was really a part of the corgi, maybe she was watching over us still. Maybe one day, my anxiety will be gone forever and things can be so much better but for now...I'm as happy as I could be and I loved my life.

OKAY YALL!!!! This is kind of a lame one-shot but I hope you guys like it anyway!! :) Since it's been a while from the end of this book I thought why not make a one-shot just to show how things go between them being teens to adults. Hope you guys liked this and maybe...there will be more? MAYBE!! lol