I Am Ugly

Star's P.O.V
Marco was standing right next to me as we walked down the hallway. I barely started talking to him again but still hated him for what he said. Everytime we talked, though, a part of the hatred fades. It almost seems like he's trying to get me to forgive him.

"You know, just because I'm talking to you, doesn't mean I forgive you." I said while unlocking my locker. Marco leaned against the locker next to mine.

"Then why are you talking to me?" He asked, generally curious. I roll my eyes and look at him.

"Because I know that you won't stop trying to talk to me." I say, grabbing my books and shutting the locker.

"So you're saying I'm annoying?" He chuckled while asking the question. A sigh escaped my lips, he was already frustrating me.

"Yes, Marco, you're very annoying." He pouts at me and slightly punches my shoulder.

"That's not nice. How can you say I'm annoying?" He asked with his puppy eyes. Ugh, why is he so adorable? Wait...did I really just ask that?

"You're also really, really-umm...I don't know." I couldn't think of anything to say. He started laughing and I couldn't help but laugh with him.

"Star, can I ask you something serious?" Marco's voice was suddenly stern and soft.

"Sure. What is it?" I was a little scared at the question he was going to fire at me.

"Why did you cut yourself?" The question honestly didn't bother me because I've moved past that.

"That day you pushed me away because you believed that video...that's why." I saw his face turn to guilt as I answered.

"Crap, I'm sorry about that. I really am and I wish I could just go back in time and fix it." His voice sounded almost like he was going to cry and for once in a while I felt bad for him. That feeling quickly dissapeared as I thought of what he called me.

"It's in the past now so you can't fix it." I say a bit more bitter than what I wanted.

"Hey, you are a freak but that's not a bad thing." Marco puts a hand on my shoulder. A scoff comes from my mouth.

"How is that NOT a bad thing?" I ask and he smiles as we keep walking.

"Because you're not normal and normal is...boring." I look at him and he looks at me. We both smile before looking away, I could feel my face blush.

"Star Butterfly. Hanging out with your boyfriend again?" Brittney approached me and Marco.

"He's not my boyfriend. Could you guys shut up about that!" I scream, gaining the whole hallways attention. Marco grabbed my hand and rubbed it, knowing that I was going to get mad.

"Seems like you two are dating. I don't know why Marco would date an ugly person like you, though." Tears threatened to run down my face but I kept them in.

"Shut up Brittney!" Marco suddenly snapped as his hand gripped mine tighter.

"Sorry, I forgot how protective you are over this freak." Brittney says and suddenly Marco pushed Brittney and tears ran down my face, unable to stop them. I run away to get somewhere far away from Brittney.

Marco's P.O.V
Without thinking I pushed Brittney, pretty hard. I wanted to tear her apart but fought against it, only to find out that Star was gone. Why are people so rude? Plus, Star's anxiety is getting better!

"Only love can make you that crazy!" Brittney yelled right at my face.

"So what if I love her!? She's not ugly like you think. She's actually the most amazing person I've ever met and she deserves so much better. So stop talking about her and stop being a jerk towards her!!" Every madness I have held in was released just then. Each word I said was true, I do love her and she does deserve better.

"Marco, go find Star. I'll take care of this punk." Janna approached from behind me and pushed me back. She was face to face with Brittney now. I nod and then start walking to go find Star.

"Stay the HECK AWAY from Star!!" Janna screams as I enter the girls bathroom. Surely she's in here, right? My question was quickly answered as I heard quiet sobbing. I hate people who make her cry like this! She is human just like us all, different? Yes but still human!

"Star? Hey, don't listen to her okay? She's wrong about you!" My feet were slowly walking to her but quickened when she looked up. I sat down next to her.

"She's not wrong, I am a freak!" Star yells. Her arms were wrapped around her legs and head resting on them.

"You may be a freak but that's not bad, Star!" I wanted to get the thought of her being a freak to be a good thing not how everyone is intending it to be.

"But it is a bad thing Marco!! You may say it's a good thing but they don't and they will never say it as a good thing." She sobbed and the words nearly broke my heart. I wrapped my arms around her and she hugs back.

"Well it's not true. You're not a freak, Star. I know I called you one but don't ever think I actually meant it because I didn't. You're amazing and deserve so much better than how people are treating you." My hands wrapped her tighter as she kept crying onto my shoulder.

"She called me ugly, and I mean look at me, I am ugly." I quickly pulled back and grabbed her by the shoulders. Her eyes were back to the bright blue and I'm going to let them stay that way!

"No, you're not ugly Star. You're the most beautiful person ever and don't let anyone tell you different. Okay?" I suddenly got too lost and pressed my lips against hers. I expected her to push back but she instead kissed me back. My heart stopped for a second as we separated. We were both a blushing mess, staring into each other's eyes. Star suddenly grabbed my hoodie and kissed me again. Holy crap, I'm kissing Star Butterfly!!

GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SERIOUSLY CAN'T THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH!!!  Love u guys so much ❤❤

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SERIOUSLY CAN'T THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH!!! Love u guys so much ❤❤