Part 20

Horror laced my every feature. I was frozen in shock-I mean sure I've seen it before, but it's not the same as experiencing it in the moment. Being there for yourself.

I wish I could say I gagged. 

Instead I just stand there like a statue, glancing at the various body's ahead of me laying on the bridge.  Who would do such a thing? Why? It's humans, they're all alive but. I wish for peace, I symbolize peace. 

I'm only awakened for the worst times of humanity though. No matter how many years pass by history repeats itself, and I will never get used to the sight of seeing dead people. Although it's kill or be killed. Maybe I should allow the darkness to take over whenever I kill someone. So that my light isn't burnt out. 

A laugh echoes through the bridge sending a cold shiver down my spine and goose bumps to rise.   This could only mean one thing. . . 

A battle. 

Zabuza and Haku vs us. Where did he go wrong? He used to be such a sweet innocent child until . . . I guess being abandoned can really affect someone's life, he may say he's emotionless but I know he isn't. I see the way he looks at Haku, the way he treats them. The stabbing guilt at his heart every time he kills someone, but it's all he knows. It's all he's good at.  

He has to survive. 

I succumb to dread,  as a feeling of sadness yet peacefulness washes over me. The feeling I get when I know someone is going to die. My vision blanked and in a flash everyone was gone. I was alone in the fog, snow flakes fell from the sky, along side it black ashes. I hold out my palm to touch it, both lay in my hand and dissipate. 

Reality set in when a stabbing pain surged through my leg, a knife had embedded itself into me. 

"HANA!" Everyone yelled in concern.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." I reassured more to myself then anyone.  Who was it, who was going to die? White snow flakes and black ashes, someone pure, and someone full of hate. White, white, white.  

I scan the bridge looking at each persons aura and who felt like a snowflake, or symbolized it. I look over to Sasuke to see that a young boy around our-their age create ice. 

'So he's the one who's going to die?' I thought.  'Now who's the ashes?' I continue scanning .  'Ashes, hell. Demon. Demon of the hidden mist?' I thought, I looked at Zabuza.  'I see, so we are going to win; and they'll loose their lives.' 

"Hana! Snap out of it stupid!" Sakura yells striking me across the face. I look at her in shock, mouth agape.  "This is no time-we are in the middle of a-" 

"We're going to win," I say plopping down on the ground contently. 

"What?" 

"I don't need to help. Let's leave it up to the boys. . . ne?"