Chapter 5

03 December 2019
Zhengting's POV

I wake up to what would wake me up the most. Food. I smell bacon and eggs nearby and Xiangyuan isn't by my side so it must be her cooking. The smell was really alluring so I got up and went into the kitchen.

She was indeed cooking up breakfast so I decided to surprise her with some sappy romance knowledge. I decided to back-hug her while she's cooking and rest my head on her shoulder and so I did.

She was definitely startled at my actions and she nearly hit me in my face with the burning, smoking hot spatula but I'm thankful that she didn't. I took the chance to appreciate her. Her features, her soft stomach, her scent which can make flowers bloom.

Wait what? What in the world am I saying? What is this? What happened to me? I was starting to space out thinking of what I just thought of her when a hand waved in front of my face.

"Hello? Are you okay?" she asked. She looks so damn ethereal. Her brown hair tied up to a bun, her eyes searching for mine, her lips parting ever so slightly to talk and stuff. And that was enough to make me snap out of my trance and said "Yeah"

"Are you sure about that? Like you're so red right now and you may have some sort of weird trance just now" she said. "I'm fine" I said. Weird... I've never seen myself acting like this before.

"Oh by the way, these are yours. Eat up while I go plate mine" Xiangyuan said before pushing me to the table as I sat down. I waited for her to finish and she sits down beside me. "Why haven't you started eating yet?" she asked.

"Well... I thought that it wasn't fair to let the cook eat after me so as a friend I am obligated to wait for you" I said. "How sweet" she said sarcastically before the both of us start digging in.

Honestly, the food is delicious. All at the right texture and condition, and truthfully speaking this is the best bacon and eggs I've tasted in my whole life. I swear I think I've been living under a rock all this time.

We eat while we chat and laugh about all the nothings and everythings. After we finish, I cleaned up although she offered to do the job. I told her to just grab the outfits our stylist here told us to wear yesterday and change.

She followed my instructions, not wanting to start up an argument or anything over something so simple and stupid. I was done doing the dishes as she was finished changing.

She changed into a white off-shoulder with long sleeves as well as a jean skirt. I think I just saw an angel. I've never looked at her being like this and now I regret not doing it sooner.

It was my turn to change so I changed into the clothes my stylist gave me yesterday

It was my turn to change so I changed into the clothes my stylist gave me yesterday. It was just a plain blue shirt with black pants that's all. After that, we were told yesterday that we will meet at the lobby so we went there.

Not forgetting to grab our stuff and the keys, we head out and get to the lobby immediately after the lift has stopped at our floor. Turns out that the rest were already there.