Chapter five: Miss Martian

"The cave was the original secret sanctuary of the Justice League," Batman tells us, as we stand inside a huge, green mountain.We were in our civilian clothes, but Robin and I had sunglasses on, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to reveal my identity yet. We were in a huge, circular room.

"We're calling it into service again. Since you five are determined to stay together, and fight the good fight, you do it on League terms." He orders, with a slight glare, probably because we went behind the whole JL's back, and formed a team.
And he can't do anything about it. I'd be angry too.

"Red Tornado volunteered to live here, and be your supervisor. Black Canary's in charge of training. I will deploy you on missions." He finishes, standing in front of us.

"Real missions?" Robin asks, boredly. "Like, saving the world and stuff?" I pitch in. Sure, I've fought inter-galactic space wars, and protected Coast City for the last six months, but I'd never had to save the earth from a villain, like our mentors had.

"Real missions, but covert." He says to me. I fist-punch the air slightly.

"Spy work! Agent 007, at your service." I say with a low bow, and stand up quickly, making a James Bond type gun with my fingers.

"Why do you get to be James Bond? I'm more 007 than you are." KF protested.

"Oh please, your stomach rumbles every five minutes. You'd be caught before M even sends you on the mission." I scoff.

"Anyway....." Hal chuckles, patting me on the shoulder. "Cadmus proves that the bad guys are getting smarter. Batman needs a team that can operate on the sly."

"The six of you will be that team." Batman finishes, but I think he counted us wrong. There was only five of us.

"Cool! Wait, six?" Robin asks, confused.

Marian Manhunter comes out of the shadows, with a girl training behind him. She doesn't look that much older than I am, with a blue skirt, a matching cape, and a white shirt with a red x going through it. She had auburn hair, brown eyes, and green skin, just like MM. Well, Martian Manhunter doesn't have any hair, but you get what I mean.

"This is Martian Manhunter niece, Miss Martian." Batman told us.

"Hey," she smiled shyly at us, and waved.

"Liking this gig more every minute." KF muttered to Robin, before he stepped forward, blocking her view of us.

"Hey! I'm Kid Flash, that's Robin, Aqualad, and Blue Lantern. It's cool if you forget their names."

I scoffed, pulling him backwards. "Get a grip, lover boy," I growl, and smile at Miss Martian. "Hi, welcome to the team. I'm glad I'm not the only girl now." I laugh.

"It's an honor to be included." She says timidly to us.

"I'm Alya." I walk up to her, taking off my sunglasses and putting out my hand for her to shake.

She grabs my wrist, shaking it enthusiastically, and puts it down.

"I'm M'gann M'orzz, But you can call me M'gann, because it's an Earth name," She tells me,obviously excited to be on Earth.

"So, you'll tell a complete stranger your identity, but not me?- I mean us?" KF exclaims, outraged.

"Well, you haven't exactly told me your names, either." I sneer at him, and he smirks back at me, sliding an arm around my waist. "You could've just asked," he purred into my ear.

I shove him off of me, ignoring the tingly feeling, and walk back over to Robin and Aqualad, who are both trying to stifle their laughter. "Shut up!" I hissed to them, and realized Superboy wasn't walking with us.

"Where's Superboy?" I ask Rob and Aqualad. I turn behind us, and see him, hanging back and refusing to socialize like the introvert he is.

"Hey Superboy!" I shout, grabbing his attention. "Come meet Miss M!"

He grudgingly catches up to us, and M'gann walks over to him. Suddenly, her shirt changed from white to black, but keeping the red x, and her cape dissapears. "I like your shirt," She admits to him.

He smiles slightly, and KF nudges me and Robin with his elbows, smirking slightly.

"Today's the day," Aqualad says to us, proud of us starting a team, independent from our mentors for once.

Sorry this chapter was so short! I will make the next few chapters longer. Please like, follow my account, and comment if you have any questions, or you can message me privately.
Stay whelmed! -dark_phoenix789