Chapter 2 - Origin of Violence

"Who are we?" Wilson yelled.

"Why-Kay-Bee!" The boys yelled back.

"Where are we from?"

"Three-Oh-Two-One!" We all chanted. We all waited in front of the school gates of St. Albans Secondary College, home to the majority of the gang members of LSA. We all came equipped with our bright red jumpers- the infamous colours which belonged to the school we came from, Copperfield College. We were all hyped up and ready for a fight, our behaviour showed signs of aggression and rowdiness. The way we portrayed ourselves was a form of intimidation which started from our long teenybopper hairstyles, and down to the way we manipulated our school uniform by rolling up our sleeves, some members wore snapback hats and others wore hoodies underneath or over their jumpers. Today marked the day the rivalry between us and LSA would end because we planned on hospitalising one of the leaders who repped the gang pretty hard. We were sick and tired of being disrespected and wanted to prove to them that we weren't messing around anymore. We weren't afraid to cop the consequences of our actions if LSA decided to retaliate because no matter what, we were going to fight them with everything that we had; even if it meant death.

"Who's got the bayonet?" Wilson demanded as we all surrounded the outside school gates of St. Albans Secondary College.

"I do." It was CJ who began playing with the blade equipped with a pink handle.

"Ok. As soon as you see that goose Riley Tran you pull it out and give it to me." Wayne demanded.

"Get stuffed, give it to me instead." It was Pure Bee who snatched it from CJ. Everyone looked at Pure Bee, eyebrows raised. Generally, when it came down to stabbing someone, Wilson and Killer-D were one of few who had actually done it before.

"Are you sure about this?" Wayne asked, not looking impressed.

"Yeah bro, don't go hurting yourself." Dylan laughed. Pure Bee glared at Dylan for a while, his attention diverting to the knife as Jake gripped the knife firmly in his hand. CJ was quick to hide it underneath his pants when the school bell rang, indicating the end of last period.

"Remember everyone, Riley has two platted rat tails with a long Mohawk; easily distinguishable." Wayne explained.

"I don't know. There's too many of them to see." Pure Bee said as he peered through the front gates that began flooding with SASC students.

"There!" Pure Bee yelled. Without a second thought, Pure Bee snatched the bayonet from Jake's hand and ran through campus, gripping onto the weapon. We all looked at each other, some with a questionable look on their faces knowing that we were now going to trespass into enemy territory. We didn't care though, because whatever Pure Bee wanted to do, we followed. So we did, jogging closely behind Pure Bee who was confident he spotted Riley Tran. As we ran deeper into the school campus, Pure Bee stopped abruptly upon realising our bright red uniforms bled for attention, SASC students in the open spaces locker bay we entered began glaring at us.

"The hell is Copperfield College doing here?" One kid asked furiously as we stood side by side, blocking the only exit from this vicinity.

"We're just here to ask questions, that's all." Wilson said, smiling menacingly.

"What do you want?" A student holding a basketball asked angrily.

"It's not what we want, It's who we want; Riley Tran." I stated, hands in my pocket. I turned to glance at Pure Bee, who made the right move in covering the blade.

"It's YKB!" One of the LSA boys yelled who had just entered the locker bay.

"You got balls coming into our territory!" One LSA member barked. We charged from opposite directions, collided towards one another, knocking each other down with our kicks, elbows, shoulders and punches. SASC students who were in the way were pushed and shoved, females seen squealing for the fight to stop echoed through the half enclosed locker bay. We needed to end the fight quick before teachers appeared, ready to call the cops.