Chapter 14

Summer Days
Chapter 14.

I don't know why I ended up in the bed with Mina but all I could say that it was nice to fuck someone without having your cherry getting popped and worrying about getting pregnant.

I followed my breath as I was getting tired. I lied down and stared at the ceiling and she did the same thing too.

"How was it?" I asked.

"It was great." I can tell she's smiling so I smiled too.

Alam kong ngayon lang kami nagkita, but I can tell Mina is a great person and so is what we did tonight.

We shared the same silence and I didn't know it was too long until I spoke.

"Mina..." I finally spoke.

"Hmm?" She said, still looking at the ceiling.

"How do you know if you like a girl?" Nilingon ko siya at nilingon niya rin ako pabalik.

"Well... you can only tell that..." narinig ko siyang bumuntong hininga.

"You'll feel as if she's the perfect girl you've ever seen despite her flawed life."

This was stupid. Why did I even ask, it's like having a crush on a boy but then I've never had interests with boys so that makes sense.

I held her hands, "please don't tell anyone about what happened. They don't know... and neither am I." I didn't know this was gonna happen and I did not plan for this to happen.

"It's okay, you can count on me." She smiled again.

"By the way... I'm sorry for what happened..." sinabi pa niya.

I shook my head, "well I certainly am not--"

"... to your brother." Pagdugtong nito. I moved my lips as a sign of annoyance. I didn't went here to talk about my brother Jay who is now dead. I came here to forget everything for a little while and then here she is opening it up.

"It must've been really hard for you." She held my hand and rubbed it as if she was trying to calm me.

"It is." I sigh.

She sighed. "Parang pareho lang tayo. I lost my dad because of cancer. I remember it was on my sixth birthday. Early in that morning, they announced he was dead. What a great birthday surprise, isn't it?"

Tiningnan ko siya sa mga mata na ngayo'y tumutulo na pala ang luha pero nakatitig parin siya sa kisame. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. I didn't know that."

She wiped away her tears. "It's okay. Matagal ko ng tanggap na wala na siya dito. To see my greatest achievements."

"Oh no! I'm pretty sure he's so proud of you. Seeing you that strong is already an achievement for him and you know that he knows it."

Bigla kong naalala si Jay. Even though his body is gone and rotten. His energy remains to be here and sometimes I can feel his comfort around me and that makes me feel safe from everything else.

Tumawa siya ng mahina. "You really are your brother's sister."

Napabalikwas ako sa kinahihigahan saka napaupo. "What does that even mean?"

"Forget it. Tara labas tayo?" She said in rhetorical question and I nodded.

Paglabas namin, saktong naabutan namin si Lia sa couch and her face isn't good. It tells me  something's happened that she didn't liked.

Tinabihan ko siya, "hey! You good?" I asked in concerned voice.

"Anyare, ba't nakasimangot?" Pahabol ni Mina.