Chapter 10:

We continued our pillow fight till we were sweaty and out of breath laying on the couch and floor.

I was sitting on the couch with my hand over my heart as if to steady it a headache starting to happen. Dallas was on the floor with his back leaning against a chair a beer in his hand. It was silent. All you could hear were the hard and fast breath coming from both Dallas and I.

"I for sure won that" Dallas says taking a sip of his beer. "No you didn't! I was the one who made you fall onto the floor!" I yell giggling "I hit you the most times" he says with another smile. 

"It's not about how many hits you get in. It's how hard they are that counts" I say raising my eyebrows at him cockily "spoken like a true fighter" Dally says staring me dead in the eyes while smiling. 

My heart grew warm from the sight of Dallas smiling. I continued looking into his dreamy eyes that no longer had their cold hard screen up. It was like I was looking into a whole new Dallas... I liked it.

Our eyes moved away from each other after realizing we were both just staring into each others eyes. 

I grabbed the remote and turned up the volume on the TV to make the silence go away. I was never one for silence . Silence made me feel lonely. 

We were watching Mickey Mouse for a bit laughing at one of the scenes. I looked over at Dallas who was holding his arm around his stomach hunched forward while laughing. I smiled to myself.

The funny scene that had us laughing was now over and the only sound you could here were the TV, mine and Dallas's breathing and the wind coming from the now dark outside.

I once again found myself looking over at Dallas Winston. He looked at peace. Like he had no worries on his mind. 

"I'm sorry for calling you a hurt little bitch" I say quietly so he could only barely hear me. That got his attention and he looked up at me. "Your not... all of the time" I say slightly smiling. Dallas chuckled a bit while looking down at his beer and playing with his hands.

"But, I'm also not a stuck up city girl who gets whatever the hell I want," I say looking him dead in the eyes. His eyes seem to shift into a form of regret. Before he could open his mouth to speak I cut him off "you don't know where I come from Dally, and I don't know where you come from. So let's just put aside our differences... for the gang" I say fighting with my fingers while speaking semi quietly.  

"Wow your actually saying something mature for once" he responds with a smirk "why are you smirking like that?" I ask confused not knowing why he went from actually smiling to smirking again. "You called me Dally for the first time" he says with a smile while staring into my eyes.

"Does that mean I have earned your friendship?" he asked in a mocking manor with a smile. I scoffed "yeah. I guess it does" I say with a smile while making myself comfy on the couch.

I felt his eyes on me as I laid my head down on one of the now ripped pillows that Dally had ripped from the pillow fight. I didn't have a blanket so I used my jacket to cover up my exposed shoulders.

I could hear the howling of the wind and the talking from the TV show. I could hear the faint sound of Dally's steady breathing and the water droplets falling from the faucet into the sink. 

With these sounds filling my head I no longer felt lonely in the silence and I fell asleep peacefully.

"Stop! Please! Your hurting me!" I yell through sobs as my father hits me with his belt. My vision was blurry from my tears and my hands were dripping with my own blood as he continued to wail on me with his belt and fists.

"David! Stop!" I hear my mom yelling from the floor in front of me. I opened my eyes to see a blurry figure on her knees holding a wound that was at her side. He hit me once more with his hard callused hand leaving me in even more pain then I was in before. 

He then walked over to my mom and slapped her hard on her right cheek. Before I could yell at him to stop my front door slammed open.

My eyes didn't quite see what was happening, but I saw seven figures run through my house tackling my father down to the ground.

I heard the grunts from my father who was being beaten by five... greasers? one other was helping my mom off the floor and one came rushing in front of me.

He was tall, but then he got on his knees to get to my level. Those eyes. They were Dallas Winston's. His hard cold eyes were looking into my dark forest green ones that were now almost black from my sobbing.

He picked me up and wrapped me into a hug "shh. It's gonna be ok. We're here now. No one is ever gonna hurt you again" I could feel my body being pulled away from his. I looked him in his eyes and gave him a smile. He went to open his mouth to say something before.

"Is she dead?" I hear a voice ask that I assume was Steve's "no she looks to good to be dead" Two says. I slowly flutter my eyes open to see Steve, Two, and Soda staring down at me.

I jumped and banged my head on a table that was next to the couch "ow" I say quickly putting my hand up to the back of my head. The three in front of me started laughing "she's alive Darry! Might want to make extra bacon!" Soda yelled. "K" Darry yells back from the kitchen.

"That's a subtle way to wake someone up" I say yawning.

I feel warmth all around me and look down to see that a blanket was on me. I swore that when I fell asleep I was only using my jacket as a jacket. My jacket that was now nicely folded on a coffee table.

I looked at the blanket confused and sat up right getting a good glimpse of the gang. 

Darry was in the kitchen. Johnny and Dally were on the ground talking to each other while of course Steve, Two-bit, and Sodapop were kneeling in front of me like weirdos.

Dally got up from the ground dusting off the imaginary dust from his pants.

"How did I get a blanket on me?" I asked confused looking around for an answer. Everyone looked at each other confused "you mean you didn't sleep fall asleep with a blanket?" Soda asked. I nodded my head yes.

I looked up to Dally who had a panicked look on his face, but it quickly went away when he said "The gang got home late at night. Two put one on ya before he went home." Steve, Two, and Soda looked at each other confused "but we got here in the morning" Two said confused I continued looking at Two who was looking up at Dallas.

His face went straight and he turned to me"right. I forgot. I did put the blanket on you" he said with a smile while getting up off of his knees and rubbing my hair.

"I gotta go. Promised Bucky I would help clean up his place" Dally said putting on his jacket and walking out the door, it slamming behind him.

I felt like I was forgetting something, but I couldn't quite place my finger on it. I got up from the couch and saw my back pack on the ground "shit!" I yelled remembering that I have school this morning "what is it?" Darry asked concerned "I forgot I had school this morning. What time is it Darry?" I ask picking my jacket up off the coffee table where it had been folded.

"7:50. You better hurry" he responded with a smile "guess you won't have to make extra bacon" I say with a smile as I pick my bag up off the floor opening the door.

The cold air made my eyes feel less heavy and made me feel more awake. When the door was closing I heard the 'goodbyes' from the gang inside.

I zipped up my jacket and put my other arm through the shoulder strap. I then ran to school hoping I wouldn't be late.