Chapter 7:

We kept leaning in till our noses were touching. I felt his hot breath colliding with mine as we kept leaning in closer. 

My heart beat faster with every move. I then snap out of my state and quickly pull away. My eyes jolt open to meet a bewildered Soda. 

"I'm sorry" he says leaning his head down in his hands "no don't be sorry. It's just that... well you were in love with Sandy, and when you guys broke up you wanted to fill the empty space she had left in you. Besides I don't want you to regret it. You think of me as a sister Soda, and I think of you as a brother. It works better that way. So let's not ruin it on broken hearts" I say semi quietly. 

Soda's eyes widen in surprise "wow Gracie. That was exactly what I needed to hear right now. I don't need no girl. I have something even better," he says with a smile, "yeah and whats that?" I ask curiously.

"Family" 

He looked to the closed door where yelling and crashing came from behind it. I gave him a smile "now get up" I say grabbing a pillow and waking him with it.

"Ok ok ok!" he says holding up his hands to cover his face. I got up and headed to see the rest of the gang while Soda stayed to change.

I walked into the living room and my eyes caught a glimpse of Dallas Winston. He was sitting on the couch which happened to be the only open seat left available. 

I was debating whether or not to take the seat when Soda walked up from behind me "hey! You got the sleeping dog awake!" Steve yelled getting up from the floor and walking over to Soda giving him a playful punch on the shoulder. 

"Ready for the DX?" Steve asks with a mouthful of chocolate cake in his mouth. Soda nodded his head and raced Steve out the door. Once they were outside the sound of their yelling filled the air.

*Next week*

I toss and turn in my sheets trying to get comfortable, but no matter which position I got in I wasn't comfortable. 

I let out a frustrated groan as I once again felt uncomfortable in the sleeping position I was in. 

Tomorrow was the first day I would be starting school in Tulsa. I was really nervous because I've heard it's real hard to fit in, and I don't want to be another misfit who gets judged and bullied every step she takes.

I sat up and rested a hand on my head. I looked around the darkness of my room, and stopped when I saw the desk. It looked so old and unused now than it did before. It almost looked like it was sad too.

I let out a another groan as I throw off some of the covers and place my warm feet on the cold floor. Shivers went up my spine. My feet grew used to the temperature of the floor. 

I reached my desk and sat down in the old wooden chair. I ran my soft finger tips through the roughness of the chipped wood initials.

"I  miss you mom" I say with a whisper "and I love you" I add. Tears start to form and I quickly wipe them away. I got up from my chair and walked back over to my bed wishing that maybe I could get comfortable.

My wishes came true and I found a comfortable position curled up in a little ball. I listened intently to the sound of birds and the occasional car passing by. I let the darkness take over my body and fell asleep.

I wake up my body sprawled out across the bed, my face buried in my pillow, and the covers half off my body. 

I groaned and sat up and looked out at the morning sunlight through my window.

I sat there for a moment looking out my window. 

I decided it would be a good time to get ready. I put on a tight black short sleeve shirt and a pair of light blue jeans. 

I did my makeup and curled my hair. I was on the last strand of hair when my grandpa called for me to hurry up or I will be late. I obliged and quickly finished the last strand and headed out my bedroom door.

I grabbed a piece of toast that was popped from the toaster and held it in my mouth as I quickly pulled on my white high top converses. I grabbed my bag off of the floor and put it on my shoulders.

I took the toast out from my mouth and opened the door "bye grandpa! love you!" I yell as I quickly shut the door behind me.

I ran a few steps to the fence and opened the gate. I shut it behind me and began my walk to school.

I was about five minutes in when I heard running coming up from behind me. I quickly shot my head back to see that Pony was running up behind me. Dallas and Johnny a distance back.

"Jesus Pon, you almost gave me a heart attack" I say stopping in my tracks. " Sorry. Excited for school?" he asked "yeah. Just a little nervous that's all" I say with a slight smile. 

Pony gave me reassuring smile "don't you worry, you'll be fine" he said playfully punching me in my shoulder.

By this time Dallas and Johnny had caught up to us "hey Gracie" Johnny says with a smile. Dallas doesn't say anything and just lights a match for his smoke. 

"Good to see you too Dallas" I say sarcastically. He looked up from his smoke and looked me dead in the eyes. He gave me a hard look and I just roll my eyes at him "why are you always so tense and mean?" I ask "why do you always ask so many questions?" he asks me.

I gave a slight smile at him causing his eyes to change for a slight second "I don't know. I'm just a curious person" I say turning my back on him and beginning to walk again. Pony in line with me.

We reached the school. Dallas and Johnny still following us. We were near the front and everyone seemed to know everyone. 

"Why am I so nervous" I ask mostly to Pony "doll. That's probably because all these girls here are pretty and popular, and well. Most of em aren't goodies two shoe greasers like you" he says coldly "I swear you just jump at any chance you get to get under my skin" I say annoyed "your not wrong" he says as he walks away with Johnny.

I look over at Pony who has a slight blush to his cheeks "don't listen to him. He's just mad that he can't have such a pretty girl like you" he says avoiding eye contact. 

I giggle a bit at Pony's shyness. I nudge Pony's shoulder with mine "thanks Pony. Besides. I didn't listen to him from the start" I say with a giggle.

With a few steps we were finally in the crowded school building where anything could happen.