Chapter 33:

It's been three days since Dally and I had the run in with Sylvia. We talked it out, and got it sorted out. The gang also knows. 

We were having a movie night at the Curtis house later tonight and I was on snack duty. I decided that before I head to the Curtis house I would go pick up some popcorn and candy from a grocery store.

When I arrived I grabbed a couple bags of popcorn, some chips, and candy. I was heading to check out when I saw the refreshments. I couldn't help but stop and stare at the cool beer that sat in the fridge.

I was under age so I couldn't but it, but I could shoplift it, but then again Darry was on beer duty. I decided I would just steal one for the walk to the Curtis house, but then someone came to look at the beer so I didn't have time to swipe some, so I ended up with no beer.

When I checked out I got my bags of snacks and headed out the door for the quick walk back to the Curtis house. 

It was already getting dark so I picked up my pace not wanting to be alone in the pitch black. 

When I reached the entrance of the Curtis house I saw that everyone was huddled together. I opened the door looking at them curiously. The gang must've not heard me come in because they all stayed huddled.

"I didn't know who else to come to, she just attacked me," a girl voice said, "please help me. It hurts" she says again. This time I recognize the voice. 

I angrily walked through the crowd getting weird glances from the guys, and just as I suspected Sylvia was sitting on the couch crying, but this time her perfect eye makeup was ruined and was replaced with a black eye, cuts, and bruises. 

"What's going on?" I ask confused looking from the crying Sylvia to the now angered gang. 

"Don't go playing all dumb now! They know that you beat me up!" she says putting her head in her hands while sobbing "beat you up?" I say in barely a whisper "I didn't beat you up" I said coldly looking down at Sylvia.

"There's no need to lie Gracie, I told them, and black eyes and cuts don't form from just nothing attacking them" she says removing her head from her hands. "Stop lying. I didn't beat you up!" I say raising my voice in anger and confusion. 

"Please stop yelling at me," she says scared, "what I wasn't even-" I was cut off "Gracie I think you should go" Soda says as kindly as he possibly could. My heart stopped for a moment when I heard those words, "bu-" I was cut off again "Gracie just go" Steve says. Tears were beginning to form in my eyes as I fought them back viscously.

"I-" I was cut off again "just leave Gracie! Now" Dally yells pointing to the door.

 My heart completely dropped to the pit of my stomach. For Soda nicely telling me to leave is one thing, but to have Dallas yelling at me to get out because he's looking out for Sylvia his ex is something else. The rest of the gang stood there in shock as Dally stood in the middle fuming.

I couldn't hold my tears back any longer. They came out, not in sobs, but in painful drops. I looked into his dark chocolate brown eyes. They didn't show anything. dropped my hands from my chest which were there to support my body and I walked out the door.

I left all my snacks in there and I walked out into the cool night air getting eaten by the darkness.

I only knew of one place to go to think and clear my head.

**

I sat on top of the bars dangling my feet back and forth trying to calm down. It felt like I just lost my entire family, and the worst part about it was that I might have.

My eyes were blurry with tears and sore from rubbing them, but that didn't stop me from seeing Sylvia walk past the park on the road.

I glared at her letting a few more tears drip down my already soaked face. I watched her as she pulled something out from her purse, I watched her as she got a makeup wipe, and I watched her as she wiped her face with the makeup wipe, purple, and black makeup coming off of her face.

It all made sense now. Sylvia made it look like she had gotten beat up and said that I did it so that she could get Dally back.

I was filled with rage. I waited for her to leave till I got up from where I was sitting and walked back over to the Curtis house.

When I opened the door everyone looked at me. Their faces grew in shock when they saw me standing there completely vulnerable. If they didn't believe me I would have nothing left.

Dally came in from the kitchen with a beer in his hand, and when he saw me the smirk on his face faded, "I- Sy- Sylvia's faking" I say through deep breaths. Dally looked disappointed, "so beating up Sylvia isn't enough for you? You have to make it seem like she's faking now to?" he says putting the beer down and walking closer to me. 

I was about to burst "I was in the park when she walked by taking off the makeup" I say looking him in his eyes, and then switching to look into the other members eyes too.

They all just stared at me, and my heart dropped again "you don't believe me?" I say my voice cracking, "why should we?" Dally says completely straight face as he watched me fall to my knees.

I couldn't stand up anymore it hurt to much. The feeling of betrayal, heartbreak, and losing a family. I could hardily breath. They all just looked at me. Two, Soda, Pony, and Jonny the only ones having a hint of emotion in their eyes. 

I got up and looked at them all again "I don't think it's a good idea for you to come around now that Sylvia will be here more often" Darry says with his arms crossed. I was already numb but I could feel a sharp pain in my chest as he said those words.

"I love you guys..." I say looking at them all, "why would I ever lie to you?" I say completely giving up. I knew I lost them, but I couldn't cope with it just yet. It was just my instinct to try harder, to get them to believe me.

"You tell us Gracie" Soda says hurt as he looks at me. I just turned and walked away slowly. I lost them. They don't believe me. I had absolutely nothing left to live for... or maybe I do. I can't let Sylvia get away with this.