Chapter 62:

*A week later*

Dally, Johnny and I were heading to the DX to visit Soda and and Steve.

I haven't had much to do now that things have calmed down a bit, and since I've been expelled from school.

Speaking of being expelled from school, my grandpa still doesn't know... all the times I've headed out in the morning he's expecting me to be at school, but I'm not...

The guys will hardly let me go any where alone, and they say I always have to have one of the group members escort me.

And by the way they escort I feel like I'm supposed to be staring in some big movie or TV show.

Even Johnny takes it seriously, and acts like a tough bodyguard, his cute face fading till I was at my location safely.

Pony was supposed to come with us today, but he ditched again like all the other times he was supposed to do something with us. 

The gang thinks he's just really busy with school that he doesn't have time or he's forgetting, but I think he met a girl.

Hell with how much he's been gone lately he probably has three or four.

When Dally and I reached the DX we entered the building, the bells clanging together creating an annoying sound causing Soda to look up from the counter where he was staring at.

"Hey guys!" he says cheerfully, a smile forming onto his face.

He scans the three of us as if expecting one of us to be someone else.

He then looks around for a fourth person, but he isn't successful.

His smile fades a bit, but he doesn't let it fall apart completely, "where's Pony?" he asks.

Johnny looks at Soda sadly, "sorry Soda, he didn't come" he says sincerely.

Soda just nodded his head.

"He probably just forgot again, no big deal" he says a little disappointed, but trying to hide it.

"Am I the only one thinking he met a girl?" I asked confused looking at the guys.

Dally chuckled, "nope" he says while taking out a smoke.

Johnny just shrugged his shoulders, and Soda looked up in amusement.

"I don't know, he's Ponyboy. You have met Ponyboy right? The awkward teen?" Soda asks with a raised eyebrow, "besides, he's to focused on his school work to be meeting with any girl" he says shaking his head and leaning back into the wall.

"I don't know Soda, your kid brother has some moves" I say with a smirk causing Dally to jerk his head over to me with wide eyes.

Soda's eyes also widened with shock, "what?" he asks shocked as he un crosses his arms and takes a few steps forward.

"That little punk has been making moves on you?" Dally asks sternly.

"He ain't that bad" I say with another smirk.

Soda shakes his head fast, "he still would never go with a girl" he says while sitting back on his stool.

"I don't know Soda, he is growing up" Johnny says kindly, "and he has been pretty close with that Cherry Valance girl too" Dally says, spitting her name out.

"She's older. Pony wouldn't go for older girls" Soda says continuing to shake his head.

"Soda stop shaking your head, your gonna get a headache" I tell him, and he listens.