Chapter 49:

I woke up to the feeling of shuffling in the blankets beside me. 

I jolt open my eyes and quickly sit up in my bed to face where the shuffling was coming from.

I relaxed once I saw it was just Dallas getting up from the bed.

His shirt was still off and he bent down to pick it up off the wood floor which was glowing from the bright sunlight sneaking it's way past the curtains. 

I smiled at the sight of his muscular figure in front of the window, the light illuminating his body perfectly as he carefully slid on his shirt.

He must've felt my stare because he looked at me confused.

He looked so magical standing in the light with his skin glowing from the sun, I didn't even bother to hide my smile or blush.

"Good morning boyfriend" I say cheery as I slide a hand through my knotted locks of hair.

"You're not gonna call me that all the time are you?" he asks, "only until I get it sinked in that you are really my boyfriend" I tell him as I begin to get up from the bed.

"So what are you doing today?" I ask hoping he was free so that I could take my handsome boyfriend on a date.

He paused in his movements and his eyes went wide.

"I- I have something t-.. to do" he says fumbling his words as his face goes pale in the morning sunlight.

He wasn't lying.

But why would he be so worried to tell me that?

Would he think that I would think he was blowing me off?

I don't push the subject, and instead respond with, "okay. Maybe some other day." 

He hums in agreement and walks over to me.

He stops in front of me and pulls me into a tight embrace. 

I don't hug back at first and instead look around the room in confusion, but he was still holding onto me, so I decided I would hug back.

"This is nice" I say after about a minute wrapped in his tight embrace.

He then pulls away as if I broke his thoughts "Yeah" he says as he looks down at the floor.

Something's wrong.

"Hey Dallas are you okay?" I ask concerned as I try to search for his eyes, him denying eye contact every time.

"Yeah, I just don't know how to act as a boyfriend" he says rocking back and forth on his heels.

Lie

But why would he lie?

"Dallas you can tell me if something is wrong, you know that, right?" I ask him, my heart rate quickening just hoping that he would tell me.

Dallas is a wild card, and it scares me.

"I know" he says with a big breath as if he's collecting himself, "I just really don't know how to be a good boyfriend" he says with a weak smile.

I decided not to push the subject.

It's Dallas. If he doesn't want to tell me, he won't. No matter how hard I push.

"Well okay. I could get Soda to give you a few pointers" I say trying to lighten the mood.

It worked and the corners of Dallas's lips curved upwards in a genuine smile.

"Soda got cheated on. Are you trying to tell me something?" he asks with a sly grin.

My smile changed into a shocked expression and my eyes widened, "n-no!" I yell probably sounding completely guilty even though I'm not.