At this point I would sign for 5 million. I don't fucking care anymore. I really don't. I wait for Tinashe to sign several papers, and they're slid across the table to me, Becca, and my lawyers. After I sign them, everyone stands. I put up my shades, letting the lawyers exit before I do.

            "Feeling a little bitter?" Tinashe sidles up to next to me as the room clears. Her lawyer stops to raise an eyebrow at her.

            "I'm fine, he can't hurt me here," she laughs, dismissing her lawyer.

                        "Get what you need?" I say with a sneer.  

            "Yeah, but I would've liked getting you."

                        I look down to her in disgust.

                        "Mmm...I wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole. I like my girls clean."

            "What the fuck is that supposed to mean??" Tinashe looks pissed.

                        "It means I don't like my women ran through." I don't take any pleasure in taking shots. I'm way past that. But part of me is bitter at her for ruining things with Vera. For making things so complicated for me. 

            Tinashe stands beside me, her mouth open in shock. Pulling up the collar to my shirt I walk through the doorway, meeting Becca on the way out.

            We fall in step together, heading out of the building.

            "Share some choice words with the alleged victim?" she asks.

                        "Yeah, some choice words alright." I fall into silence. There's nothing I want to talk about lately.

            "Colin, are you ok?"

                        "Yeah I'm fine."

            "You haven't been out lately have you."

                        "I've been to all team practices and meetings."

            "But you've avoided all of the dinners and public press conferences. You can't do that."

                        "I ain't tryin to hear it Becca."

            "Look, first game's in a few days. You need to get it together. You set the pace for this team, it's time that you act like it."

            Becca continues walking past me, and I hang back, watching her walk to her car. Picking through my pocket, I grab my phone. It's been a habit lately, for some reason there's a spark of hope.....maybe she'll text. Maybe she'll call....something. But nothing. Absolutely nothing.

 Vera's POV

 FLASHBACK

I walk nervously through the dark tunnel, looking around for any sign of Colin. Levi stadium is still unfamiliar to me, even after working the internship for quite some time. Becca had asked me to meet him here on the field to bring some paperwork. I hold the folder under my arm, trying to hold my head high with confidence. Even after officially being with Colin, I feel my body tense in nervousness. This is just Colin Kaepernick. You know, the quarterback for the Forty Niners....

            I trip during my mental pep-talk, nearly falling over my heels near the entrance onto the field. Strong arms catch me and hold me up.