Chapter 81

Colin's POV

 Baby, plz. Plz.

I don't know what else to text her anymore. She ain't texting or calling me back. From the hotel to the airport, she hasn't replied. I pace back and forth in the narrow space of the private jet Becca got. I feel claustrophobic, the top of my fitted hat brushing the ceiling. Claustrophobic....or am I just going fuckin crazy?

            "Fuck!" I snap, throwing my phone against a polished wooden wall. The sound makes everyone inside jump. Becca seems the most irritated; everyone else on the PR team cowers, lowering their heads. 

                        "Do you really think she would want to talk to you right now? Really, use your head Colin."

            "I didn't fucking do anything! I didn't rape that---"

                        "Ok. Ok, say you actually didn't do anything..."

            "Are you saying you don't believe me?"

                        "I'm saying I wasn't there, and I didn't see what happened.."

            "Wow."Of all people who I thought would be on my side, it would be Becca. 

                        "Colin, get your shit together, and really think about it! No matter what happened, all Vera sees is that you are being accused of rape, of being at the scene of a drug bust. Do you honestly expect her to leap into your arms and willingly listen to your end of the story!?"

            "Becca, I don't know what to think. I'm....I'm done."

            I collapse onto a cushioned seat, Becca opposite from me. She hesitantly places a comforting hand onto my knee.

                        "Colin, things will be fine. Everything is rolling in the right direction right now. Tinashe doesn't have any solid evidence, no bruising, and she has a pretty terrible history behind her. Everything will be fine," Becca says confidently. She always has this air of reassurance about her. No matter what the situation is. I think that's why I always feel so drawn to her. She's been a steady rock to lean on in the bullshit that usually builds up in my life.

            "I'm all over the news," I realize quietly, scrolling through instagram and twitter. Fuck. Everything's blowin up right now with my name thrown right in the middle. "I just hope she isn't jumping to any conclusions right now," I say, feeling uneasy. But who the fuck am I kidding? Things don't look so good right now. 

Vera's POV

            "Aren't you going to pack anything?"

Confirming a ticket or a flight first thing in the morning wasn't difficult. Convincing Leah to let me get on the laptop to purchase it was more of a struggle. After practically shoving her off the keyboard I found that I was able to pay for a one-way ticket To Sea-Tac airport with no problem, especially with the internship money I earned at Levi.

                        "I don't need to pack anything except for baby's clothes," I say quietly, looking around my room. Amidst the aftermath of my temper tantrum last night, everything feels odd to me. Anything and everything in this damn room reminds me of San Francisco, of Colin. That's the last thing I need.

            "Are you seirous? Do you even have any clothes back at your aunt's?"

                        "I'll buy new clothes."