Chapter 15

THE NIGHT BEFORE

Colin's POV

             I pull up to the club in my favorite jag, my mind already set on leaving after an hour. I don't feel like turning up tonight, the urge I usually had to isn't there.

           "Kaep! Whass good baby!" I'm greeted by some of the players at the entrance.           

            "Wassup," I reply, giving each one a handshake. I make my way inside, realizing I'm late. The place is filled to capacity.

            "There he is!" Ty comes from somewhere opposite of the entrance as I step in. 

                       "Whats good Ty!" I smile, giving him a congratulatory handshake. He leads me to the main part of the club, which he has shut down for his own album release party.

            "Nothin bruh, the turn up is real doe, I'll tell you that," Ty is slurring, a little off balance. 

The club is pulsing with music, the lights dim. It's a lot smaller than Ruby Skye, and more intimate. Spot lights sway from left to right, lighting different parts of the dance floor as the DJ on the stage bobs his head along to the music. Above the DJ on each side are two raised platforms, each containing a woman gyrating within a cage on a pole. Ty leads me around the club, introducing me to different crowds of people. I smile, taking pictures and talking with people, maintaining a positive image is something Becca beat into me.

            "You want something to drink?" Ty motions towards the bar. I agree, following him.

            "Just something light, I gotta drive home tonight," I say. Ty orders for me and we turn back to face the DJ.

            "This is it," Ty holds his hands out to the heart of the club, breathing in deeply. "This is what I worked for, and this is all I want," he says.

            "I guess bruh, you earned it," I laugh.

                        "Beautiful women, cars, money, man we got it made," Ty pats me on the back.

            "Yeah we do, we got something other people would die to have," I say slowly. Out of nowhere a young woman in a skintight black dress comes offering Ty a cigar. He waves her away.

             "Colin?" A voice comes from behind me. A voice I can do without hearing. 

                       "Whassup Lauren," I say tightly. She stands with a group of friends, who made their way around Ty. He smiles taking a sip of his drink.

              "Where have you been baby!?" she asks, throwing her arms around me and forcing herself against me. "Come on, let's all go to the VIP lounge," Lauren jiggles her shoulders, pushing her chest out. The other girls laugh and grab Ty by the arms.

              "Nah....I'm straight," I say, trying to shake off her arm. Her grip only tightens.

              "Man, c'mon Kaep, I know you boy," Ty says, smiling at the ladies around him, "You ain't been one to say no." The music around us grows louder, and I notice people taking out their cell phones to take pictures of me. I turn away.

            "Don't make a scene Kaep, lessgo," Ty slurs. I hesitate before giving in to Lauren pulling me forward. As we're walking Ty tries to push something into the palm of my hand. I feel the pills immediately and drop them. 

"Ty, quit playin. You know I don't anymore," I'm pissed now, ready to throw hands. He puts his hands up in defeat. 

"Ok, ok. I won't again. You know I just thought since we out here.." Lauren pulls harder on my arm to keep up. 

We head up a flight of narrow stairs leading to a dimly lit room overseeing the entire club. It's square, with halls leading to other more private rooms. White couches line the walls, and are accompanied by small tables with bottles of champagne on ice. Lauren pulls me toward a hallway. Oh Hell no. 

            "Let's gooooo," she orders, pulling me forward. I look back to Ty who is sitting down with two girls on his lap.

            "Go Kaep, Go!" Ty laughs, putting his arms up in a field goal sign. Lauren pulls me again before I can think. The hall is narrow with neon lighting. She purposefully pushes aside a curtain leading into one of the rooms. Damn this girl is too familiar with this place.

            The room is barely closet sized, with a small couch. She pushes me down onto it.

            "Lauren, I'm not fuckin with you," I try to push her off me, this girl is too much. Her legs only tighten around my waist. For the first time, my ass is denying her sex. As I look at Lauren, Vera's smile flashes through my mind, along with her bright red dress.

            "Come on baby, you like this," she says, reaching underneath my shirt. I grab her hand and put it down. She sits back, rolling her eyes, her dimples defined even more with her attitude. "Don't tell me you're still trippin off that bitch," Lauren snaps.

            "You gotta stop. I'm done," I snap. "I'm done with you-" Lauren interrupts me with laughter.

            "Babe, you're not done, you're not." She tries to bring her lips against my neck but I push her off. I have to be careful, Lauren doesn't have a problem with playing the rape card on me. Fuck why did I agree to make an appearance at this damn place? The curtain parts from behind her. I look around Lauren to see who it is.

Cameron.

            He catches my eye, and gives me that look. Fuck. "I was just.....is Ty around?" he asks, looking to Lauren.

            "I don't know!" she yells, motioning for him to close the curtain. He gives me a long look before closing the curtain. She turns back to me, easing off my lap and kneeling in front of me. She slowly unzips her dress, caressing her chest and watching me. I sit there, waiting for my body to react. She moves her hand up my leg, and I watch it creep to my zipper. She feels around, and then makes a face. She isn't turning me on...I don't want to fuck her.

            "Lauren, I gotta go. I'm through with all this bullshit," I stand up, walking towards the curtain. Man, fuckin' Cameron. 

            "You want this daddy!" she calls towards me. I close the curtain behind me, surprised at the song playing. These hoes ain't loyal.