32. Or Eat Me?

"It's just my sister stop freaking out." Jake rolls his eyes at me.

"But like, this isn't just some random get together. This is a formal dinner with the Taylors. It's different."

He chuckles at me, and gives me my other earring when I hold out my hand for it. "It's not a big deal, Kase."

"You BOTH said if your dad was alive and if y'all knew where Sarah was, they would be here." I clip my earring on, and sweep my makeup brush against my cheekbone again.

"Yes, but they aren't so right now it's just a homemade dinner party with your best friends." HE checks his watch. "Babe, can you stop with all the makeup? We're going to be late."

"It's not that much makeup, Jake." I roll my eyes at him and do a once-over of my outfit. A flowery black summer dress with a denim jacket slung over my shoulders, simple black heels and silver jewelry. Jake matches me, looking good in a tight black V-neck and jeans.

He smirks and I look away from him, pulling out a tube of lipstick.

"Really?" Jake lets out a frustrated growl.

"Oh come on. It's just lipstick." I shrug at him.

"It'll all get kissed off anyway." He points out as its inches away from my lips.

I pull it back and cap it, annoyed. "Jake. Dear. Must you continue to bother me as I get dressed?"

"What? Me?? Bother??? Never." He laughs sarcastically.

"Kasey you should wear your hair down. Kasey you shouldn't dress up so much. Kasey don't get too excited. Kasey don't put on so much makeup. Kaseyyy I wanna fuck you R-F-N..."

He coughs. "I didn't say that last one."

I blush. "No, but you thought it."

He raises his eyebrows. "Oh, so you can hear my thoughts, now."

"No, babe. They're painted all over your face." I smirk and pat his chest before skipping out of the room.

"Kasey!" He bellows from the room, chasing after me.

I squeal and run away from him, dodging behind the table. "JAKEEEYY!! We need to go."

"Do we now?" He smirks, stepping around one side.

"Yes. We do." I step the opposite direction.

"But you know my thoughts."

"Yeah, I can't imagine what they'd sound like if you only knew what was under here." I giggle.

He closes his eyes. "What?"

"Um, crap. Pretend I didn't say that." I say quickly.

"Not possible." He dodges around the other side of the table towards me, and I squeak and rush away.

"Jake we actually need to go."

"The lady's right. Y'all are late." Dakota yells from up in the loft.

I turn and look at her. "Thank you!" I call. Before I can turn around to scold Jake again, his arms latch around my middle, and his face is buried in my neck.

"J-Jake." I groan, trying to wiggle out of his iron grip.

He plants kisses up and down my neck as I squirm. "Mhm?"

"We need to go, fuck."

"We need to go fuck? Yeah I agree." He sniggers.

"NO. Jake there was a pause between those two. A comma."