Chapter 82 (D)

Third Person Pov.

Nandini woke up on her bed.

Arnav tucked her in before leaving.

With dizzy head she moved towards the washroom.

She stared at herself in the mirror with dry tears, red burning eyes and her hair stuck on her face and unbearable headache.

She looked like a homeless woman.

Splashing cold water on her face.

She looked in the mirror again and told herself.... she is better than this....she completed her routine and under the hot shower she decided she wouldn't destroy her life like this in guilt or resentment.

Her brother always wanted to see her happy so this is it.

She will be happy.

After changing into an casuals she moved down to find Mukti sitting on the chair of the dinning table while she was eating.

She moved near to find some veg gravy and rice in her plate as she took small morsel staring that the food intensely.

Nan: Eating two days stale food will get you sick Mukti.
She said taking a chair opposite to her filling her mug with coffee, holding her head in her hands to lessen her pain.

Mu: I'm sure this food will not make me any close to sick. Afterall it's the last meal what Abhi made for me
She said take another bite.

Nandini stared at her as she swallowed her last morsel put the remaining food in air tight containers and stored it in the refrigerator.

Nan: I lost my brother too.
She said looking at her angrily.

Mu: I know.
She said washing her hands.

Nan: We have to be strong and learn to live with the fact he is gone.
She spoke taking a deep breathe.

Mu: For me he would never be gone. You can speak for yourself Nandini.
She said moving out of the kitchen.

Nan: Mukti....
She stopped her.

Nan: What have you thought about...you know ahead of this....I'm sure you would not sit and dwell over my brother for rest of your life.
She said waiting for her reply.

Mu: Right. Your brother. Well Nandini he happens to be my husband too.
She said facing her.

Nan: Right.
She replied with tight lips.

Mu: I haven't thought yet.
She said closing her eyes.

Nan: You can come with me to Canada if you want.
She proposed while Mukti looked at her.

Nan: You can start a fresh there as this place will not let you move on. Memories will keep on haunting you.
And about the company and work. Arnav can handle it now temporarily until we decide what to do with it later after sometime when we are more mentally stable and not emotionally drain. Afterall you and bhai had already decided to move abroad soon so it doesn't make much of a difference.
She said looking at her while by now Mukti eyes were filled with anger and tears.

Mu: Memories will haunt me here.... yeah...right....my husband memories won't haunt me Nandini they will make me stronger each day. And about the company what he built with his blood and sweat I won't hand over to some stranger so easily. I can take care of the affairs.
She said looking in her eyes.

While Nandini chuckled.

Nan: Stop being dramatic Mukti. I was just trying to offer help. The company which you're so proudly addressing. I have an equal right too on it.
She said moving to the living room with her mug of coffee.