Chapter 54

Manik just had taken bath and came outside from the washroom. He was only in his pajama pants.

He heard Maria voice and someone was banging on the extra door which was in his room.

He immediately ran there and open the lock.

The last he heard was Maria crying papa and Nandini shouting on her.
And then the door flew open where stood his baby crying and looking at him, and Nandini.

Maria: papa
She said and hugged his leg and cried even louder.

Nandini stood there numb
Nandini self talk : Ayyiappa this room has a door connected to Manik's room ayyo. He has worn only pant. Ohh God he has six pack. He does work out. He has a perfect body. Does not look like a father only. Hot and Handsome.
Her self talk and staring section was disturb by Manik clicking his fingers in front of her.

Man: You are standing in a bath robe infront of me. Will you do the needful of wearing your clothes.
He said looking at her face angrily.

Nandini soon realized and looked at her self from down to up.
She felt so embarrassed that she turned into red like a tomato and covered her face.

Nan: Sorry
She said and ran into the washroom grabbing her clothes from the bed.

Manik looked at Maria who was holding his leg and resting her head on it. Taking her papa leg as a support for her head. The site was so adorable that Manik felt alittle more in love with her baby seeing her doing these antics.

But he had to be alittle strict this time. Maria's these insecurities and reserve behaviour was not good at all. He wanted her to be bold and strong not cranky, weak and scared types.

So he just avoided her and moved her hand away from his leg and moved inside his room.

He took his tshirt and worn it, while Maria silently followed him in his room taking baby step behind him.

She was standing facing him while he sat on his bed with his phone checking his Mails and messages.

Maria: papa
She hold his hands to get his attention.

Manik didn't jerked her hand but didn't look at her.

Nandini soon came out from washroom wearing her night wear full sleves tshirt and pants of power of girls pink colour. She was swearing to her ayyiappa that she will behave herself, not be clumsy and won't stare at him at all.

She looked around her room to see whether Manik or Maria were there then she went to the connected door to find Manik sitting on the bed busy with his phone and Maria standing infront of him with tears in her eyes.

Nandini could clearly see her crying silenty.

Maria: papa...papa
She kept on ranting pulling his hands.

Finally Manik looked at her face with serious expression but it soften after seeing her crying.

Maria: papa
She said stretching her hands asking him to pick her up.

Manik didn't carry her, he kneel down infront of her.

Man: What happened ?
He asking wiping her tears.

Maria hugged him and looked at him again and asked

Maria: Why no talkin
She said sniffing her nose.

Man: I don't like to see you crying you know that right
He said wiping her tears which were again form in her eyes.

Maria nodded wiping her own tears now using her small hand.