chapter eight.

The rest of our amazing week in Hawaii went by so fast. I was with Shawn at least once a day, and we became really close. I didn't ever ditch my friends or anything like that, though. I had a blast with them, also. We went sightseeing, hiking, snorkeling, and wake boarding. It was so much fun. Makenzie and I had a photo shoot when we went sight seeing and we looked good. Cole and Liam were surprisingly good photographers, too. It was really funny, they were telling us how to pose if we wanted to look hot, if we wanted to look pretty, or if we wanted to look cute. We got some great pictures of all 4 of us, too. We looked like we were having an amazing time, which we were.

Cole and I kept our distance, not really acting like we used to towards one another. We were friendly with each other, but that was about it. Honestly, it was a little bit awkward having to talk to him, but we managed to make it okay and try as hard as we could to stay nice so we wouldn't upset Makenzie and Liam. It still just wasn't really the same.

It was the last night in Hawaii before we had to leave. We just hung out on the beach today because we didn't want to feel rushed or anything like that. I came back to the hotel later that evening from the beach and looked in the mirror. I didn't realize how much of a tan I got while being here. I was probably darker than I've ever been before, and it was only the very beginning of summer.

I got ready for my date with Shawn with a little bit more confidence than I had ever had before. My very tan skin made my light blue eyes pop, while I noticed that the sun had lightened my dark brown hair a little bit. I felt great.

I took a cool shower and then I decided to actually do my hair and makeup since it was my last night here, and I wanted to dress up a little bit for Shawn. I put on little face makeup because I knew the hot weather would make me sweat it off, but I decided to put a some eyeshadow on. I also put highlight, bronzer, mascara, and lip gloss on. I mean I barely ever wear makeup in the summer, so I guess that's a start!

After I finish my makeup, I blow dry the rest of my wet hair and then plug in my curling wand. While I'm waiting for it to heat up, I scroll through my Instagram and see that there are a lot of posts of Shawn and I hanging out. I was tagged in a few of them, but not all of them.

Once my curling wand heats up, I curl my hair into pretty loose beach waves, and I end up very satisfied with how it turned out and head to my bedroom to find an outfit. I decide to wear a cute red romper with some sandals. I put on some dangly Kendra Scott earrings and then examine myself in the mirror. I end up liking what I see and then spritz on some perfume. Soon enough, I get a text from Shawn.

Shawn: Hey I'm leaving right now. I'm so excited for our date:)
Avery: Me too! See you soon<3

When Shawn arrives, I get into his car and give him a peck on the cheek. He looks at me and says "Wow. You look stunning." He just earned himself a kiss. I thank him and then softly kiss him, and then he takes off.

Shawn is driving with one hand on the wheel and the other holding mine. He's taking me on a mystery date. I literally have no idea where he's bringing me but he told me he wanted tonight to be special because we both have to leave tomorrow. He's going to LA for a few days for work, and I'm going home.

As he's driving, I try to get him to tell me where we're going but he doesn't budge.

"Shawnnnn" I say, "where the heck are you taking me?"

He chuckles and says "You'll see."

I roll my eyes playfully and say "Well when are we gonna get there?"

"Soon."

I sigh and look out the window and enjoy the view while he's driving us to our mystery destination. It's a very peaceful drive, the soft music playing and the view makes it even better. We're driving up a mountain, and the beach from here looks absolutely gorgeous. 'Gravity' by John Mayer starts to play and I begin to hum along to the song with Shawn. I soon start to quietly sing, because I just love this song and the time passes by super fast because I just get lost to the music. I sometimes catch Shawn not singing and just listening to me, but I don't think anything of it. He's been doing that a lot lately.