chapter three.

I wake up and see that Makenzie is sleeping in the funniest position possible. Her left leg is hanging off of the bed and then her other leg is sprawled across the bed. I laugh silently and go in search for my phone to take a quick picture.

I go into the empty kitchen and help myself to a cup of coffee. After I make my coffee, I walk to the balcony and sit out there enjoying the peacefulness of the beach this morning. I take advantage of the sweet sound of the waves and the slow breeze pulling my hair out of my face because once the boys wake up, It will be reckless noise every five minutes.

Once I finish my drink, I go into the kitchen to make breakfast. I grab the frying pan and put it on the stovetop and turn it on, and then i get some eggs and bacon out. I make scrambled eggs and bacon for a while and then once I'm done, I make myself a plate. I cover up all the food I made for everyone so it doesn't get cold and then go sit outside on my designated chair and look out at the ocean. I am still in awe of how beautiful it is here.

When I grab my phone, there's a text from a random number on there.
"Hey, it's Shawn. How has your morning been?"
I reply with "Hey Shawn! It's been really good. I have been sitting on the balcony enjoying the view while my friends are still sleeping. What about you?"
Once I send the text to him, I start to dig into my breakfast and read my book.

Soon, the sliding door opens and out comes Cole. "Good morning" I say with a smile and scoot over to make room for him. "Morning." Cole says in his morning voice.
We sit there in comfortable silence for a little while until Cole grabs a piece of bacon from my plate and shoves it in his mouth. "Hey! You know there's food made for y'all in the kitchen, right?" I say.
"Yeah, I already ate while you were sitting out here." Cole says with a mouthful.

"Then why did you decide to eat my food if you already ate?"
"It just looked good." he says matter of factly.
"Go and get me another piece of bacon. Right now." I say frowning at him.
"Fine." Cole says as he's standing up.
"and since you're going inside, you can put my plate away too" i say handing it over.

"Okay Miss Bossy Pants" he says as he walks in.

I laugh and then follow behind him and go inside. He puts a piece of bacon in my mouth and as i'm chewing, I walk into my bed room. As quietly as I can, I grab some clothes and go to the bathroom.

I turn on some music and I take a quick shower. After I dry off, I brush my teeth while singing along to "Why Haven't I Met You" by Cameron Dallas. That song is literally my favorite.

I put on some light makeup, and then brush out my knotted brown hair. I decide to braid it into a braid across my shoulder so it's not crazy when we go out today. I change into my yellow tube top with some light washed high waisted jean shorts and some sandals.

When I walk out of the bathroom, Makenzie and Liam are sitting on the couch eating breakfast and watching TV. I say good morning and they both give me a slight smile because they still haven't woken up all the way yet.
I go into Cole and Liam's room and find Cole laying on his bed dressed and ready for the day while playing on his phone. I jump onto the bed and lay beside him to see what he's doing.
He's on instagram looking at all the pictures everyone posted from last night when he comes across a picture of Shawn and I walking along the beach together, away from everyone else. He stops, sits up, and looks down at me with a big grin on his face and says "Well who's this? I think baby Avery finally found herself a guy"

I sit up and smile.
"Do you like him?" he asks with a sincere look on his face.
"I don't really know yet." I say, unable to wipe the huge smile off of my face. I can feel my cheeks getting hot.

"Well if he's got you blushing like that, my guess is you do like him." he laughs.
"Maybe I do" I blush even harder.
"So, what's his name?"
"Shawn." I say nervously.

"Oh cool, but I can't see him very well in this picture. Do you have another one?"
I nod my head and grab my phone. I go to my camera roll and go to the selfie Shawn and I took when we were walking on the beach together and show Cole. His eyes widen and a look of shock goes across his face.

"You hooked up with Shawn Mendes? The famous guy that sings all those songs you love?"

"I didn't hook up with him" I say "we talked for a while and we kissed. End of story."

"Did he get your number?" He says.
"Yes, and he just texted me." I say with a smile.

Cole leans over my shoulder and looks at our text messages. Shawn says "I've just been working on some songs outside, enjoying the view too. What are you doing tonight?"

I start to type "I'm not sure" but then
Cole gives me an unimpressed look so I stop.
"What?"
"That's so dry. He wants to hang out with you if he asks what you're doing, and you're gonna say that you're not sure? Nope!" He grabs my phone and then types "Nothing really. Just chilling. Why?" and then hits send.

"Hey! Why would you do that?" I exclaim.
"Now he's gonna ask to hang out. Watch. I know what I'm doing, I'm a guy you know, and I've asked girls what they're doing so I could ask them out."

"Whatever you say" I roll my eyes.
Soon enough, Shawn texts back wanting to know if me and my friends wanted to come to his beach house tonight because he's having a party. I say yeah and then he tells me to just come over at like 6.

So for the whole day, all four of us decide to go into town and shop in the souvenir places. I end up getting a sundress, some bracelets, and a really cute pair of sandals.

After shopping all day, we go back to the house to get ready for Shawn's party. He said to wear a swim suit, so i put my white strapless bikini top with bright yellow bottoms on and pair it with some denim shorts and a white tank top.

When we arrive to shawn's beach house, we can hear the loud music from the back, so we walk that way. There are so many people there hanging around the pool and the deck outside, and then my eyes land on Shawn.
-
hey guys! how has your day been? i hope you are having an amazing day <3
i just wanted to let you guys know that i am having so much fun writing this. i hope you all like it.💞
-taylor xx