chapter two.

Today has been amazing. Makenzie, Liam, Cole, and I chilled on the beach all day.

With Cole and Liam's social skills, and me and Mak's friendliness, we found ourselves partying on the beach with some strangers we just met. They had an enormous alcohol supply and said that they had more coming, so they said 4 extra people isn't a big deal. Which was really awesome because normally, random people don't just give away free booze.

They were all really fun, Mak took so many jell-o shots we can't even count. I've seen Makenzie drunk before, but the one time she ever got wasted was when her and Marcus were in a fight, and it was just me and her and she drank a whole bottle of straight Malibu all by herself. I stayed sober so i could take care of her. I've never seen her happy-drunk before, she usually chooses to not drink at parties because she's always my designated driver. But this week was an exception for her, and let me tell you, this girl is crazy when she's drunk. Cole and Liam were so messed up, they were playing beer pong and losing terribly to the other team of hot guys.

I walk over to Liam and Cole to watch them lose to 2 incredibly hot blonde guys.
"Hey Averyyy Avesss, haven't seen you in a while" Liam says to me in his drunk voice. I couldn't help but start to laugh when Cole came up and hugged me saying "Ave, you're awesome. I love you so so so much, keep being you"

Then Liam decides to join the hug and the two boys are on both sides of me suffocating me with their bear hugs.
Mak comes running up to us and says "OH MY GOSH WE HAVE TO TAKE A PICTURE"

Good, it gives me an excuse to get out of this hug and actually breathe again.
I see this one guy who's super tall, has dark brown curly hair, and looks really hot from behind so of course, I make an excuse to talk to him.

I tap on his muscular shoulder and say "Hey, can you-"
Holy crap.
Holy crap.
I stop talking as soon as he turns around.
No actual way.
Did I really just touch Shawn Mendes' shoulder?
That cannot be him.
No. Actual. Way.
"Hi, what were you about to ask me?" he says politely.

"I-um...Will you take a picture of my friends and I over by the water?"
Wow Avery. You sound like a 13 year old girl asking him this by how nervous you sound.

I'm never usually shy around boys, but this is Shawn Mendes. I have been swooning over him since the 9th grade.
I try to remind myself that he's a normal guy who just happens to be hot as hell and is an awesome singer. Then, he interrupts my thoughts.

"I'll take the picture only if you tell
me your name" he smirks.
"I'm Avery" I say a bit more confidently.
"Nice to meet you, Avery. I'm Shawn."
"It's nice to meet you too."
He takes my group's picture and as he's handing me back my phone he says "so, where ya from?"
"Houston, Texas" I say shyly but with a smile. Man I need a drink. I'm not used to being shy.
"Ohh okay." he says sounding interested.
"Uhh yeah...thanks for taking a picture for me." i studder.
"No problem!"

I take my phone back from him and then start walking towards where all the drinks are. I sit down and pour myself a tequila shot, and as i'm pouring it, another shot glass is put on the table and a voice from behind me says "i'll take one of those too if you don't mind."

I pour another glass as Shawn sits down beside me.
I hand it to him and say "bottoms up."
We take our shots and he says "we should play a game."
I say "okay, like what?"

"Kind of like 21 questions. We take a shot or drink of whatever, and then take turns asking a question about anything, and we have to answer honestly. Whoever refuses to answer a question first has to kiss the person we tell them to kiss" he says with smirk.