chapter five.

Shawn and I just talked and relaxed the rest of the night. I wish we could just do that for forever. It was my personal paradise.
I ended up having to go and find my 3 friends so we could go back to our cabin all together. Thankfully, they were with each other waiting for me.
When we got home, I told Makenzie all about what happened with Shawn and I. She went crazy and was so happy for me.
"This is fricken awesome, Avery. You finally got yourself a boyfriend!!!!"
"Wait a second. I never said boyfriend. We just started hanging out." I laugh.
"Well I can't wait until y'all are officially dating."
I just smile, thinking about him. Gosh, he's so amazing.
I don't know what will happen when we both go our separate ways, but I'm not going to worry about it. I have to just live in the moment and whatever happens, happens for a reason.
- - -
I wake up to the amazing smell of pancakes. I roll out of bed and walk into the kitchen. I see Makenzie making pancakes while Cole and Liam are sitting on the couch watching TV.
I grab a coffee mug and pour my coffee in it and then take a plate and put some pancakes on it.
I take a seat at the breakfast bar beside Makenzie and thank her for the food.
Mak and I plan out what we're going to do today, as we drink our coffee and finish our breakfast. We decide that we would go sight seeing today, and visit some lagoons. And then go snorkeling tomorrow.
Makenzie and I go into the bathroom and wash our face and brush our teeth.
"So, have you talked to Marcus recently?" I ask while brushing out my knotted brown hair.
"Yeah, he keeps saying how much he misses me and is ready for me to come back. It's so cute. I miss him too." she gushes.
"Awe, how sweet is he. But we still have while until we go home! When is y'all's anniversary again?"
"August 15. So, How is Shawn?" she asks.
"Well I haven't really been on my phone this morning so I'm not sure if he texted me or not."
"Girl. Go and get that phone right now." she pushes me out of the bathroom.
I go and get my phone and sure enough, I have a text message from Shawn saying he had a great time with me last night. I respond and then put my phone on my bed and change into a light blue crop top with some white high waisted jean shorts. I pair my outfit with the sandals that I bought the other day, and put my sunglasses on my head.
Makenzie and I walk into the living room and find the boys still watching TV. I laugh and say "So y'all decide to come all the way to Hawaii from Texas to sit on the couch and watch TV?"
Makenzie giggles and says "That's the only thing those 2 boys do."
Liam looks at us and says "Well you pretty much slept the whole day, Avery."
"No I didn't, it's only 9:30." I look at Cole and say "Cole, what do you think? You're being kind of quiet."
Cole looks at me with a blank expression on his face.
"Hello?" I say, unsure of why he isn't answering me.
Cole scoffs, gets up, and walks to his room. I stand there bewildered at his reaction. "What was that all about?" Mak asks. "Uh, I'm not too sure." I say.
Cole has never treated me that way. I don't know what has gotten into him lately. He's been acting all sorts of weird. Like last night, he was following me and Shawn around at the party, and then now he's all moody.
"I know what's wrong with him." I hear Liam say.
"You do?" Mak and I say in unison.
"Yeah, I mean it's pretty obvious." Liam says, while texting his girlfriend. I don't know how he talks and texts her at
the same time, but he's awesome at it.
"Well are you going to tell me what his problem is?" I say expectantly.
"It's not in my place. You go and talk to him." He says, shooing me off with his free hand. Makenzie looks at me and says "good luck"
I take a deep breath to prepare myself and walk into his room. Cole is sitting on the bed with his phone in his hand.
"Hey" I say sitting next to him.
He doesn't say anything.
"What's the matter?" I ask lightheartedly, slightly nudging his arm.
No response.
"Cole?"
Nothing.
"Did I do something?" I ask on the verge of tears. I never fought with Cole. He has been my best friend since day one, he was always there for me, we were always there for each other. I had no clue why he was upset. Normally he would tell me if something was going on. We told each other everything.
He looked up at me like he was going to say something, but then just sighed and dropped his head back down, now focused on scrolling through his instagram.
"Cole..." I say while I rest my hand on his. "Are you okay? You know you can tell me anything-"
"Stop." He says, removing my hand from his and standing up.
"Stop...what?" is the only thing that I manage to choke out.
"You can't keep doing this, Avery. You can't keep doing this to me." He starts to pace the room.
"Doing what?" I ask quietly. I have never seen Cole this upset.
Correction. I've never seen him this upset with me.
"Stop acting like you care about me-"
"I do care about you-"
"No. You don't."
"Yes. I do."
He starts to say"Not in the way-" but then I cut him off.
"What the hell, Cole? Answer this. Who was there for you when you broke your arm in 7th grade? Me. Who helped you ask Emily Grayson to homecoming freshman year? Me. Who supported you in your decision to quit football and just play baseball junior year? Me. Who let you come over and cry in their arms when your parents got a divorce sophomore year? Me. Who was there for you when the college of your dreams didn't accept you? I was. God Cole, what else do you want from me? I do care about you. More than anything. You are like a brother to me."
"Exactly." he huffs.
"Exactly what?" I say.
"You don't care about me in same the way that I care about you."
—————————————————————
well.......
i said i was gonna give you guys an update on Friday but it's Wednesday. hehe i'm a little early :)
this week has been just amazing. i have gotten so much done because in class, we've literally been chilling and doing nothing so i've had a lot of extra time to write for you guys.
i am having so much fun with this story. i hope you all like it.
if you do like it, give it a vote!😊
if you have any questions or feedback, leave a comment or dm me!!
question: what do you guys think is gonna happen next???? let me know!
~~~
love you guys!
xoxo, taylor ;)