Thirteen

"Hold on a second baby

"Hold on a second baby." I said softly, flipping the blade through my fingers. She had caught me at a bad time, but there was no way in hell I was going to pass up the opportunity to hear her voice.

My new friend gave a grunt, wriggling in his bonds. I shook my head at him, pointing the blade under his chin. I moved the phone from where I had jammed it between my head and shoulder, putting it on mute for a second.

"Now, don't you move okay?" I patted his bloodied cheek. "Wouldn't want you goin' and gettin' yourself hurt."

He growled through the old rag I had shoved in his mouth, bouncing around on the chair. I shook my head in disappointment at him.

Why do they never stay still...

I walked out of the room, slipping my knife back into its holster on my hip, I just managed to take my phone off mute in time to hear Dove ask me what was happening.

"Sorry baby, muted the phone by mistake." The lie felt bitter on my tongue, but there was no way I would be able to tell her the truth.

Not yet at least.

"What are you doing?" she asked, I could hear rustling in the background and pictured her getting on her bed. 

My dick appreciated the image, stiffening in my jeans. I don't think I'll ever get used to the way she gets to me. I mean, for fucks sake I wasn't even anywhere near her and I was getting hard.

"I gotta wash my hands." I said honestly, as I made my way to the shitty excuse of a bathroom that the rundown building I was currently in, had. I made quick work of washing the still wet blood from my hands.

"Oh," I could hear the curiosity in her voice. "Is everything okay?"

I shook my head, "Nothing too serious, just a little grease from my bike."

"Oh okay." she was nodding, I knew she was.

I had never had an issue with lying to people before, but this shit was eating me up on the inside. I hated that I couldn't just be honest with her, but it was too dangerous, the more she knew the more someone could try and get out of her. The people in my world wouldn't ask her nicely, they would pull it from her while they took pieces from her.

But there was one other glaring problem.

How do you tell your woman you're a killer and you enjoy it?

I walked into the main room of the building, flopping down on the broken couch, coughing as the dust went straight for my fucking lungs.

"Wolf, you okay?"

"I'm okay, just dust."

"Do I want to know?" she asked, I shrugged.

"Couch hasn't been used in a while." I answered. "So, what did I do to deserve this pleasure?"