Twenty Six

"Mom said that if you blow up the house, you're gonna be put up for adoption

"Mom said that if you blow up the house, you're gonna be put up for adoption." I almost laughed at the way Flick paused to think about what he was doing before he continued to light the grill.

To say that things had progressed slowly over the last week, would be a severe fucking understatement. 

We were still no closer to finding the Highway Men that were hiding in town, even with the daily patrols around Angel Falls. 

No one had spotted anything suspicious, and they were still somehow getting their drugs into town, selling the shit, and putting people in hospital.

All we could do was sit on our fucking hands because we didn't know where to find the fucks. 

Someone was feeding them information, and considering that there wasn't anyone other than patched, ranked, brothers in Church when things were being discussed had me thinking we had more than one fucking hole in our boat.

I was antsy, and that was understating things.

Even with Dove here keeping me very entertained, I still wanted to be out there. 

I was stuck between getting Gunner to cut me loose to do my thing, and doing things his way. I wasn't ready for Dove to see me as the monster I really was, but I knew if I became that man, I'd probably have some answers.

There were only so many times I could sit in Church listening to Gunner talk about how nothing had changed, and that we needed to stay in lockdown until we knew more information.

Then when Church was over and most of the men had walked out, Gunner, Ox, and me would sit there and basically argue about what to do next.

Thankfully Gunner hadn't gone back on his word about getting the girls some training. 

Flick and me had started to train anyone that was willing in the basics of self-defense. We were actually surprised at how many of the women wanted to know how to defend themselves, which made things interesting.

More and more men were starting to linger around the shed when we were getting the girls to train with each other. They weren't there to encourage and support them, no, it had more to do with wanting to see two women wrestle each other.

The highlight of my time in training these women, was when Flick's little blonde took him out.

It was a moment that I would never forget, and neither would Flick. Mainly because I wouldn't let him forget.

 Mainly because I wouldn't let him forget