Chapter 1:

All rights reserved/ Todos los derechos reservados

My name is Rose. Rose Youngblood. I never really wanted love. My parents told me about how they met in the seventh grade and my mom fell in love with my dad and confessed. He eventually fell in love with her and they dated the same year and are now married.

My mom likes to tease me about my best friend Colby. She always says how we met in seventh grade and so did her and my dad.

————————————————————

I'm sitting at my kitchen table. It's the first day of my senior year.

I'm stuffing my face with Honey Nut Cheerios while my dad tells my about his faze in middle school when he was obsessed with the 80's.

"Dad stop talking. I would love to hear about your faze and how mom fell in love with you and she secretly thought you were cute looking like a greaser later." I say and get up.

"Don't forget you're I'd!!" My Dad calls after me. "I won't!" I call back. My school forces us to wear I'd's that itch your neck.

I throw the I'd on and grab my backpack. "Bye mom! Bye Dad! Love you!" I call while walking out the front door.

————————————————————

I get in the school bus.

I notice my friend Angie.

I sit down next to her. "Hey bitch!" I say. "Heyyyy!" She says. We hug each other.

"How was you're summer?" I ask. "It was so good. I saw Natalie." She says. Natalie is our best friend from elementary. She went away to study space.

"Really? How is she?" I ask. "She's good! She asked if we could hang out again. I said I would talk to you about it." She says.

"Niceeeeee. I miss the old gang." I say. "Yeah me too." She says.

Then I realize something. "Ohmygod we are in high school!" I say. "OMG we are!" She says. We both squeal. Than laugh. We sit on the rest of the bus ride chatting about our summers.

————————————————————

Me and Angie walk into holding class. Holding is held in the PE court outside.

We go to the very corner where there are bleachers and a tree.

I see my friend Madison. "Hey hoe!" She shouts and hugs me. "I have to go meet someone. I'll see you later tho." Angie says. "Ok bye!" I say.

"So Madison, spill on you and your boyfriend." I say. "Ok so, me and Jack finally went on a date the other day and I'm so happy. He told me he wanted to be a singer in a boy band when he turn 18." She says.

"That's so cool! I'm still the same old lonely me haha." I say. "What about you and Colby? I thought you liked him?" She says. "I do but I don't know about-" As soon as I say that, a pair of arms wraps around me.

"Hey Rose." I hear a voice say. Colby. "Colby!" I say and turn around to hug him.