" Is my princess all ready?" Lauren asks as she barges through, making me almost dropped my phone.

"You scared me!" I held my heart.

"Sorry" she mumbled before taking a good look at me.

"Wow" she says making me blush. "You look beautiful"

"Thank you"

"But what's going on with your makeup, you hardly have any on. Unless your trying to go for the natural look?" she laughs.

"I didn't know how to apply it" I say self consciously.

"Don't be silly. Let's go to my room" she said. And we went and I got seated on her high chair inside her dressing room which is all white and gold. She turns on the bright lights besides her mirror making me feel like some kind of a superstar.

"Your dressing room is so beautiful" I commented as she gathered her makeup kit. She didn't answer but starts applying foundation on my face. I know she hates it when I point how how different this life is compared to my old.

"There" she smiles when she's done. I stand up to hug her real tight, after looking at myself.

"Thank you." I smile.

"I just wish my dad was here to see me graduate" I whisper.

"I know. But his coming out next week so you'll be able to see him again. And Properly this time" she squeezes my shoulders.

"Yah. Now let's go, we've kept Emma waiting too long already" I chuckle.

~~~••~~~~

" Kara Steinberg!" The principal yells into the mic and the audience claps. I make my way up the stairs and onto the stage before receiving my high school diploma and standing at the podium.

" First and far most, I want to thank God. I've had to go through some tough things in my final high school years but I made it. And I made it by his grace...."

I pause when I spotted my mum blowing kisses and Emma pointing at herself. I smile before saying...

" I also want to thank my sister Emma, and my Mum, Miss Parker" I smiled and small murmurs went around because no one knew that she was our Mum.

"And Lastly, I have to thank my Dad. Chris Steinberg who had been my rock even though he wasn't presently with me. I love you Dad, even though you couldn't make it-"

"I MADE IT!!" some one screams from behind. My eyes search for the familiar voice and I want to crawl out of my skin with joy when I spot him.

"DAD!! " I yelled running off the stage. I ran as fast as my heels would allow before he lifted me off my feet and hugged the life out of me.

"Dad!" Emma yells also running into his arms. He accommodates us both before kissing our foreheads.

"My girls. I've missed you so much" he whispers with tears streaming down.

"I missed you more"

"No I missed him more" Emma argues making him laugh.

"Okay, let's go outside and let him continue the ceremony" he says leading us out.

"Dad you came" I smiled.

"Ye-"

" How are you doing Chris?" Mum says as she followed us outside.

"Lauren?" he looks like his seen a ghost. " Lauren. You look amazing" he shakes his head still unable to comprehend what his seeing.

"Thank you. I wanted to tell you guys that you'll find me home alright?" she says looking at Emma and I.

" You don't have to g-"

"No. Sweetie, I'll let you guys have your day" she smiles. " And congratulations baby, I am so proud of you" she hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Bye Emma" she hugged her as well. Tension rose as I wondered whether or not she'll hug my dad too. " Bye" she waved at Chris and he waved back. What a bummer.

"So girls!" dad excitedly yells as he shook us both.

"We have got a lot of catching up to do" he smiles.

"A lot" Emma chuckles.

" But first, can you do a little twirl. I wanna see how beautiful you'll look" he let's me go.

I twirl and he covers his mouth is disbelief. " You look beautiful. Stunning. And your growing up so fast, last time I saw you two you barely looked like girls" he says making us laugh.

"But now your both women. Am both of the both of you" he smiles at us.

Boy did I miss my Dad.

~~••~~

Lauren pov

I still can't believe I saw Chris. He looks buffer and stronger and way different than I remember. Last time I saw him, I was high on crack. My body as thin as it can ever be and I held his wallet in my hand.

" You either choose between that money or your family Lauren" he said.

"I-I need the money Chris" I stuttered.

"Give me my driving license from that and get out" he firmly said.

"NO! " I shouted. While I bounced back and forth between my feet. I need my drugs, I needed them fast.

" You are not staying here like this anymore Lauren. It's either you get out, or I take you to rehab. You laid your finger on Kara, Lauren. And I can't let you near them" he warns. And I left. I left to go buy more drugs. I choose drugs over my family. And I've never forgiven myself for that.