Part 1

" Emma wake up", I shook my sister for the second time before she opens her eyes.

" Let's go!" I tell her as I finished packing whatever was left of my belongings from the floor. I carefully folded the thin bed sheet once Emma got up, before stacking it in my already full school bag.

I then wait for my sister as she quickly stripped from her pajamas and into black jeans and a grey hoodie. five minutes later, we both carry our bags and head to the brothels reception.

" Thank you for letting us stay the night Kacey" I said, as I handed her the room keys.

"Don't mention it. You just got lucky we didn't have many customers to fill the rooms last night" she says through her chewing gum.

"I know".

"Okay see you" Emma waves as we start to make our way to school. Which reminds me, I have to empty some of my back pack's contents into my locker before it explodes. And so should Emma.

--Emma--

I see it that your probably wondering why my sister and I have to sleep in brothel, and trust me when I say it's a long story.

Kara and I have never had it easy to begin with. Sure our lives as children were easier. Having both our parents around, and a beautiful house to call home, life for us was normal. Then when I was 3 and Kara 6, our mother started acting different. Turns out she was on drugs. It got really bad to a point where she would even steal our Father's money during the night just to buy more drugs for herself. But when she unnecessarily hit Kara once, Dad threw her out immediately. He gave her a choice though, either she goes to rehab, get the help she needs and then she can come back, or leave the house and never come back. She choose the second one. That was 12 years ago, and I haven't seen her since. And about my dad his-

" Emma" Kara turned me around to face her.

"What?"

"You zoned out. Anyways I wanted to tell you to wait for me after class, I might be a little late"

"How late? "

"6" she says.

I sigh before saying, "I finish at 3".

"I know but I have to study, you know I can't study where we sleep. Especially with what goes on in the other rooms"

"I know" I whispered.

"Okay bye" she quickly hugs me before walking in another direction. Am not a huger and I hate it when she does that. Especially in public.

I then walk to the bathrooms to have a quick shower before my first class starts. I walk into History class 10 minutes late and quickly make my way to my seat. Which is next to my best friend Olivia's.

"Why are you always late" she whispers.

" I meet Jason in the corridors and he was telling me how he likes me back"

She chuckles with her hand over her mouth knowing am bluffing.

"Excuse me!" Miss Parker shoots us an angry look.

"Emma care to explain why you walk into my class late, only to start disturbing us with your friend Olivia?"

"Sorry ma'am" Oli and I say simultaneously. She still doesn't look impressed but carry's on with whatever she was writing on the board.

The class then gets quite except for some few guys checking out her behind in her tight pencil skirt. I hear them low-key whistle and whisper amongst each other.

I have to say she is the prettiest teacher at Mount Olive high school. She has this beautiful brown curly hair which mixed girls usually have, and it rests perfectly just below her hair. looking at it suddenly makes me feel insecure about my own hair. I mean sure am mixed race too, but my hair is so not as good looking. And yet some people manage to say I look like Miss Parker. As if.

A knock on the door causes Miss Parker to go over with the marker still in her hand. You don't have to be a genius to know how much she hates interruptions when teaching.

I open my bag and check how many more minutes I have till lunch cause am starving not having ate anything since yesterday. I groan at the realization that I still have a couple more hours to suffer.

"Hello students" the principal greets as he enters with another male teacher and a young boy who could be 14 or the same age as me. I watch as the other male teacher locks the door for some odd reason.

" This right here is Jimmy." he points at him and the boys looks down nervously.

"Jimmy brought his father's flash drive to school today and it got stolen. It has a lot of important information and we just have to search your bags to clear you and will be good"

"Just because this douche bag is irresponsible doesn't mean we should have ou-"

"I'd Watch it if I were you" The principal quickly warns.

The male teacher then starts checking the boy in front's pockets and bag pack while Miss Parker did the same with the girls. The principal just stood in front and carefully watched the rest of us.

My heart beat suddenly picked up a notch as Miss Parker got closer. Not that I stole the flash, of course I didn't. But I have some weird things in my bag. The little clothes I have are all in here. My underwear, bras, bedsheet, toiletries, plates, folks and even stranger items. What will she think?. Will she call child protective services?.. The police?. Kara is gonna kill me after this. She's always telling me to empty my contents into my locker.

When she gets to me, I stand up and she starts with a body search. When she comes across a foreign object in my hoodie, she pulls it out and it happens to be a toothbrush. Some students  laughed before the Principal silenced them.

I was practically drenched in sweat as she started opening my back pack. She pulled the zip open and my other hoodie which was folded to the top sprang out. She pulled it out, and I prayed she stopped doing that because the whole class will know.

"What are you.. Sick?. Who packs another hoodie when you have one on? " another kid says and the others chuckle.

She goes through the rest of my items thankfully, not taking them  out. I watched her look at my bar of soap and favorite mug before looking back at me and I looked away in shame. She put my hoodie back inside before moving on to another girl. With a hand on my chest I take a seat and try to calm myself down. I can only picture Kara's face if she was to find out what just happened. If there's one thing she's serious about, it's keeping this a secret. She says she doesn't ever want us to separate.

"Are you ok?" Oli whispers in my ear.

" I just need a minute" I answer back.

I only told Olivia that I have problems at home and we barely have money and stuff. But she doesn't know that am actually homeless.

"Sorry, for the disturbance Miss Parker. And thank you for your cooperation kids" The principal says before they moved on to tell next class.

" So, talking about Hitler..." Miss Parker continued eyeing the door and 1the class chuckled. The rest of the class was as usual until she asked to see me when class was over.

"You'll find me behind the library" Oli whispers in my ear before slickly grabbing her books and making her way out.