Part 7

Lauren pov

" Hey Emma" I say as she turns to look at me.

"Hey" she smiles.

I sit next to her before unfolding the blanket she had on to cover both of us.

"You really shouldn't have had that before dinner" I laugh as she finished her candy bar.

"It's been so long" she says as she popped the last huge chunk in her mouth.

" Hey Emma" Kara hugs her from behind.

"Hey" Em dryly responds. Kara sighs before going to sit on her other side, leaving Emma between us.

"I'm sorry Em" she genuinely says. " I know I've been acting different lately, I've been talking to you differently and behaving in a certain way. And I want you to know that am sorry"

"So when you started using drugs whom did you think was going to take care of me?" Em asked her starting to get emotional.

"Why didn't you tell me that you started working at the brothel and that they were hurting you?"

"Emma" I softly rubbed her arm.

"No mum, let her answer".

"I'm sorry. But we needed a place to stay, and I couldn't bring myself to tell you what I was doing" Kara cries.

" Am sorry you had to go through all that alone, I mean am your sister you were supposed to trust me. I'm so sorry" Emma cries. And Kara pulls her into a hug. My girls have finally made up.

" Okay. That's enough crying for the day" I laughed.

"Definitely" kara agreed.

" let's talk about something else" Emma laughs.

" Oh. Lauren, I wanted to tell you that am gonna be able to afford an apartment in a month with the money I've saved, and my job at the Pizza in. So we will be out of your hair by then"

"What do you mean, out of my hair" I laughed.

" I don't want you to feel like you have to take permanent custody over us, c-"

"You make it sound as though your not my actual children Kara. This isn't even about taking custody over you guys. You two are staying with me cause your mine".

"Are you sure?" Emma asks.

"Of course, I am"

"So we have a home?" she smiles.

"You do" I laugh and kiss her nose.

" And this is the same girl who didn't like showing affection" Kara laughs.

"I didn't like it from you" Emma laughs sticking her tongue.

"Okay girls. Stop. So when is your dad coming out? "

"4 months" Kara says.

" What if he will want us to live with him instead?" she asks.

"Will figure it out then" I say before going to make dinner in the kitchen.

Kara pov

I slip into my heels before taking one last look at myself in the mirror. It's been three months and today is my graduation. I look at my shiny nude heels and beautiful short black dress before doing a half spin. I never knew the same old homeless Kara would look this decent. It's like am a whole new girl. My iPhone beeps as a message pops up from Drew.

I have something special planned for today 😘

It reads, and I can't help but smile.