Chapter 57: It Won't Stop

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, one called uh,...Crazy In Love and Get up..."

Nikki gasped. " Liyah and I wrote Get up together!" Her and eyes widened with excitement. "I didn't know they were playing it on the radio. Oh, my God, that is like, amazing!"

I gave her a look of pure disgust."Nikki, really?" The thing that annoyed me most about that girl was that she would get excited over a leaf flying I'm the wind. The girl acted like we had never had a hit record before.

"Yes, really!" She began smirking as she leaned back into the seat, crossing her arms. "You know, she said that song would be big."

"It's actually been all ova MTV. I'aint know y'all could dance like that, damn. I couldn't keep up." He shook his head from side to side." Especially you, De. You used to didn't have no rhythm."

Nikki's eyebrows furrowed." Really? People are you usually surprised that Liyah can dance the way she can. Shit, I was even surprised by that."

"Okay, hold up..." DJ held his hands up as if he was surrendering. " who the hell is Liyah? Y'all got a new member or som'"

"No, fool...that's Aj. She don't go by that name anymore."

He turned up his nose a little." Her real name is Liyah?"

"Her real name is Ah-li-yah. " With every syllable I flinched, I felt my body go tense as I shifted uncomfortably in the chair. I glanced out the window. I immediately spotted the beach where we were filming the videos for Superlove and It Won't Stop in one whole day. The video was supposed to be a fun video, we invited friends and family to watch us while we work and plus MTV was doing a show on it which meant there would be interviews. At that moment I wasn't sure if I was up for spending more than ten hours at the beach in January. It wasn't that cold out, it was actually only about 60° degrees out, but that still didn't want to go anymore. I only wanted to sleep.

"Hmmm that's better than any other name I've heard." He mumbled as though he was talking to himself.

Of course...that's what everyone says.

"Oh, and by the way, today's her birthday so everyone has to tell her happy birthday." Nikki added, grinning until I thought her face would break. "I got her something."

"Okay can we please stop talkin' about that girl?!" They looked at me as if I was crazy and I honestly didn't care. Nikki knew how much I hated that girl, she knew I hated her with a passion. So, her face of complete confusion faded as fast as it appeared on her face. DJ and Ma on the other hand, looks remained in place. Freezing in time as I locked eye contact with them. They didn't know about my hate for her. They didn't know anything actually. Other than what they saw on TV.

They were completely unaware of how twisted life have become.

DJ being the hard headed boy he's always been just smiled smugly and said: "I know what I'm getting my baby girl for her birthday."

Nikki began to giggle at him." Uh, DJ...Liyah isn't exactly in the position for just any one to be callin' her baby girl." It was then that I remembered the obsessing crush my brother had on her. I had forgotten that he claimed her as his own, and that he was totally unaware that Liyah and Michael were together. He called it...

"What'chu mean she ain't in no position?" He glanced at me for an answer, but I just turned my head.

"Oh, you'll see." She snickered. " You will see."