Part 10 - Tension

Hello!
Sorry it took me so long to update, but I've been busy and sick... 😒
Hope you understand.

Thanks.

xx

Here we go:

It's February 9th, the day before the Grammy's. Gaga is ready to rehearse her performance. People want her to sing with a plain black microphone stand, but she said no, so she's waiting for them to get her beautiful sparkling one. She gets a text.

Love, where are you? Still at the rehearsal? I'm in front of your Malibu house and there's no one here to open the gate and door for me.

She chuckles. It's time to give him a key, even though they're together for like two weeks.

B, 03-28-86 is the code to the gate, and there's a spare key of the front door by the mail box. I'm still here waiting for the team to give me my actual mic stand. Can you believe they were afraid it would ruin it? I mean, if it does, can't they fix it till tomorrow? Aff! Okay, what time is your flight to London?

It takes around 5 minutes for Bradley to reply.

I'm already inside. Babe, you need to change this code of yours. I mean, your birthday? Really? Anyway, my flight leaves at 11pm. Will you drive me to the airport?

Yep! I gotta go now! See you in a few.

She finishes rehearsing and Mark Ronson asks if she wants to have lunch, but she kindly refuses the offer.

"Here we go again to me losing you to Cooper." He jokes and Gaga laughs.

"As if... but he's going to London tonight and he's in my house waiting for me."

"Oh, so daddy is already at home waiting for you?" Gaga shakes her head.

"No, don't call him that. Since my dad told me he thought Christian looked like him I got traumatized." They both laugh and Gaga kisses his cheek saying a see you tomorrow.

She arrives home and smells food. She goes to the kitchen and sees Bradley making lunch. He is frying chicken wearing just shorts and an old t-shirt. Gaga smiles at the scene, it's so freaking adorable. She tip toes closer to him and hugs him from behind.

"Stefani! Wanna give this old man a heart attack?" He asks laughing turning in her arms. She is so beautiful.

"Hi babe! I'm glad you're cooking, I'm so hungry." He laughs and kisses her lips lightly.

"It's almost ready..." she nods.

"I'll go shower then." She kisses him again and leaves.

During lunch Gaga tells him all about her performance and how she kinda gave Shallow a rock'n'roll vibe. And that she wouldn't sing that song with anyone but him, so since he wouldn't be there she would sing it alone with Mark playing for her.

"B, I didn't know you could cook like this. You have good husband skills." She jokes and then blushes realizing what she just said.

"Well, I was saving my good husband skills for someone worthy of being my wife." He winks and she blushes even more.

"Are you asking?" She jokes and he smiles.

"No... not yet." He grabs the chair she's sitting on and pulls it closer to him. He kisses her lips and runs his thumb on her cheek. "Do you have any idea of how much I love you? How many times I dreamed about a situation like this one happening? It's all a dream come true to me." He confesses and she gets up sitting on his lap.

"Oh Bradley, I think I have a slight idea because I feel the same way. You turned me into a cheesy person, and I hate you for that!" She jokes and locks her lips to his once again. It was incredible how they could never get enough of each other. They are interrupted by Bradley's phone ringing. He sighs when he sees it's his agent calling.

"I gotta take this." He informs her and she gets up from his lap. She picks up the dishes and put them on the sink. She would mind them later, for now all she wants is to have a nice afternoon with her boyfriend. She goes to her room and lays on her bed with Asia by her side. The cute dog is resting on her lap. She turns the TV on and waits for Bradley to join her.

About 15 minutes later he returns with a serious face. He throws himself beside her in bed and sighs deeply. Asian jumps on him to cheer him up.

"What happened?" She asks cuddling him.

"Irina. She arrived in London last week with Lea, she went out last night and apparently she hooked up with someone and had to bribe a paparazzo to delete the picture, and now she wants me to pay for it. Can you believe it?" He says and Gaga rolls her eyes.

"B, I'm sorry to say this, but I fear this is only the beginning. She's mad and wants your money no matter what. After everything about Lea's custody is settled by a judge we can take action to stop Irina. Till then we'll have to endure it. At least she's not doing anything to have you back or she'll have to deal with a not very nice side of me." Bradley hugs her tight.

"What would you do to her? I didn't know you were that possessive of me." As soon as he says this Stefani sighs.

"Oh my, now I'll have to deal with your ego as well?" He laughs and she continues. "It's not that I'm possessive, but I don't let anyone hurt me or mine. She forgets I have contacts all over the world in this business so I could make things very difficult for her."

"Damn Stefani, you are so hot talking like this." She laughs slapping his arm slightly.

"I'm being serious here, stop being horny!" Bradley shakes his head and hugs her tight.

"I can't! I suppressed my feelings for so long and now that I have you I can't. I'm horny all the time when near you." He locks his lips on hers and she surrenders immediately to his touch.

—//—

Bradley finishes putting his bags on Stefani's car and enters beside her.

"Ready?" She asks him and he nods. She starts the car and drives. "You seem nervous." She notices and he sighs.

"Wish Irina didn't have to go with me. I miss Lea and all, but I'm not eager to tomorrow." He confesses and she puts a hand on this thigh as she drives.

"Calm down, love. Don't get into her mind games and you'll be alright, and if she's mean to you I can defend my man and kick her on the face at the Oscars." She jokes go lighten the mood and it works. Bradley laughs loud.

"Oh Stefani! What do I do to you?" She laughs as well.

"Well, uhmm, you can bring me back a Bafta and I'll save your Grammy to you till you're back."

They say goodbye on the car and Bradley leaves. Instead of going home she goes to Bo's house. She doesn't want to be alone, and tomorrow she knows all hell will break loose for her when she appears without her engagement ring on public.