Part 01 - Perfect Illusion

Hello,
I just had this stuck in my head for days, so I decided to write it down.
Hope you enjoy... and be kind to me, bare in mind english isn't my first language.
Thanks.
xx

-SAG AWARDS-

-SAG AWARDS-

"Man, I saw the video of you and Stefani singing together yesterday in Vegas, which was wow." That's the first thing Sam Elliott says as soon as he sees Bradley Cooper at the table. The younger man smiles shyly and just nods. It's incredible how he still doesn't believe he's actually a great singer. Sam hugs him and notices his girlfriend is nowhere to be seen. Moreover, it's the second award he goes without her. "Where's Irina, man?" Bradley looks down and shakes his head.

"We broke up and she fled to Russia for two weeks. She left Lea with me though, saying she needs time away from everything." Bradley drops the bomb and Sam's eyes widens. He knew his friend wasn't the happiest man with his girlfriend, but he never thought they would break up like that. He wondered if Stefani had anything to do with it. Sam knew Bradley was crazy in love with her, but was in denial. Everything would turn extremely difficult if he confessed his feelings. In his view Stefani was also in love with her co-star, but she was totally unaware of the situation. She somehow had this strange notion that she was difficult to love and not worthy of it. And that Bradley was too much for her.

"Damn, are you alright?" Sam asks and Bradley smiles.

"I thought it would be bad, but I felt relieved when she left. I know it's an awful thing to say seeing we have a daughter together, but that's the truth. I'll tell you everything later on." He answers his friend looking through him. When Sam turns around he sees what left Bradley speechless. Stefani, of course. An angel in white coming to their direction. The moment Bradley sees Christian alongside his fiancé his smile drops. Sam pats his back in an affectionate way. Bradley smiles again and finally Stefani is by their side.

"B!!! I miss you!" She says hugging him tight, as if they weren't singing together the day before. Bradley breathes her in and Stefani feels goosebumps all over her body. She couldn't deny the attraction, but she never thought much about it until she saw the repercussion all over the internet. Was she really in love with Bradley? She didn't know. She felt something really strong, but could that be romantic love? Well, it didn't matter seeing she has Christian and he has Irina.

"Stef, you're looking absolutely gorgeous tonight." Bradley says in her ear and she smiles even wider, if that's possible. They break apart and politely Bradley and Christian say hello to each other. Sam was just watching their interaction thinking how was possible for two people to belong together so much and meet in such a bad time at their lives.

 Sam was just watching their interaction thinking how was possible for two people to belong together so much and meet in such a bad time at their lives