One of Those Moments (Any Ship)

Start from the beginning

Because, did I mention he's perfect?

And, slowly but surely, you pull yourself back up onto the bed and off the dusty floor that hasn't been walked across in almost a week. For a brief moment, you wonder how you haven't starved to death yet, and then you remember some health crap that you learned a while ago, about how a person could go months without food, as long as they had water. And then you silently curse yourself for crawling into the bathroom every day and pouring some water into your mouth from the faucet.

But you know, deep inside, that you need that water, even if for no other reason than to keep crying. Because, honestly, if you stopped crying, what would you do?

Nothing.

And what would you be, if you weren't heartbroken, and you most-definitely weren't in love?

Nothing.

And you swallow hard and lick your lips and taste the salty tears that have been constantly running down your cheeks for days, and you suck in a deep, shaky breath, and you blink a few times so your vision isn't blurred to the point of blindness anymore. You set that tear-streaked pillow – you know, the one that pretty much became your best friend after the break up? – against the bed's headboard. You lean back and pull the dirty, wrinkled covers up over your head, as if that could somehow block out all the pain, all the depression, all the helplessness. As if it could possibly block out that horrible feeling of not knowing what to do anymore.

And you stay there, hiding in the weak, make-shift sanctuary, until you realize it's getting hard to breathe and that you must have used up all the oxygen under the blanket.

And for a moment, you consider screwing life and just staying under the blanket for a few more moments.

But then you remember another piece of stupid, scientific crap that you learned somewhere about how human reflexes would stop you from suffocating yourself unless you had no choice but to suffocate.

And you know you have no choice but to suffocate unless you want to go on living without really living.

But you don't really think it works that way.

And you sigh and pull the blanket back down to your neck, staring up at the ceiling and picking out patterns in the paint.

And you just wonder. You wonder what you did wrong. You wonder why he chose her over you. You wonder and wonder and wonder until really the only thing that's left to wonder is why you're still here.

And you consider leaving. Like, really, legitimately consider it. List out the pros and cons and everything.

But you can't actually think of anything but pros, because now that he wants nothing to do with you, now that even he believes you are a worthless, ugly, stupid, pointless being, what even is the point of staying?

Yeah. Those moments.

Do you ever have one of those moments?

'Cause I do.

☼☼☼

Oh my frick-fracking Notch, I'm so so sorry for that depressing one-shot! I just read something really depressing a few minutes ago, and I just HAD to write something... I just... Oh, good Notch... And I'm listening to "Amnesia" by 5sos while I write this, and.. IT IS NOT HELPING, NOT ONE BIT.

Anyways. I decided to include an ALT ending that is slightly happier. Here we go, ROLL FILM!

☼☼☼

But you can't actually think of anything but pros, because now that he wants nothing to do with you, now that even he believes you are a worthless, ugly, stupid, pointless being, what even is the point of staying?

Yeah. Those moments.

Do you ever have one of those moments?

'CAUSE I DON'T. LOLOLOLOLOLOL, ALL YOU HEARTBROKEN FOOLS, I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU! OH, WAIT, LOLNOPE! I ACTUALLY DON'T REALLY GIVE A RIP ABOUT YOUR LOVE LIFE, 'CAUSE MINE IS GOING SWIMMINGLY!

So really there's nothing left to say other than, "Sucks for you!"

Oh, wait. I didn't mean that.

I mean, uh... "There's always someone who cares about you enough to want you to keep living...?"

Uh..

LOLOLOL.

☼☼☼

-.- That was even worse than the original one-shot. I'm sorry.

AHEM, ATTENTION, PLEASE. I just wanna say, please pay NO ATTENTION WHATSOEVER to whoever the heck you imagined saying that ALT ending. Like, seriously, they are heartless. I'm sorry, I just made one of the people in your favorite ships heartless. My bad. But really, there is always a reason to keep living. If you feel like you can't think of a reason, PM me, email me, anything, and I'll list a few. :)

OKEH, BAIII, RULERS.