CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT| The Run

The walls behind him opened up, drawing him out into the open as he charged out, where logs were brought up forward, making him a little unsteady before he ran into the planks, put together and made of wood.

     The monkeys still many and innumerable... raced after him as quickly as he did.

     His eyes were all red from lack of sleep but his vision was clear.

     All around him was a swamp that had a few trees clustered around and some...

     Wait!

     He jumped.

     And nearly falling into the space in between the planks!

    His heart raced.

     And he ran faster.

     He hoped that these monkeys weren't as intelligent as he was... and... they jumped.

     On with the pace.

     He looked up forward, not wanting to die. He had realized how serious this was now, and he knew that it would be a long way to happiness.

     Damn!

     A long way to happiness...

     And he remembered what he'd just gone through- all that suffering and pain and fear... No, there was no turning back. Not now, not ever!

     And he tightened his jaws as he ran faster...

     And faster...

    And faster...

     Up ahead was another space left in between the planks, and he jumped!

     But it was too early!

    His toes hit the planks, and he lost balance, falling onto the ground.

     His heart raced.

     He knew what was coming.

     And he let out a scream.

      "Aaaargh!"