CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR| Pessimism

"We may have to change plans, then," Rose said, now rethinking everything. Everyone, by then, was there. Well, everyone except Bones and Rye.

     "We have to go back and save Barry," the new guy said.

     "Go back?" Job retorted. Everyone stared, and he raised his hands. "Sorry, it's just that I'm tired of that place, that's all."

     "Job's right- we cannot just

" go back; they'll be waiting for us," Pete said.

     "I've finally had something to agree with you, this time," Rose said. "We cannot go back. They'll kill us now. You all know that, right?"

      "Sure, sure," the new guy said. "But if we're careful enough-"

      "It's not going to happen, Walters," Rose said.

     And Job raised his eyebrows. So his name was Walters!

"Okay, so the best thing now is to take a snack and head home," Rose said. "And that's why I chose this room as the perfect place to regroup."

     "And what about your scars?" Walters asked.

      "What about them?"

     "Aren't you going to..." And he threw his stretched out hand around and in front of his face.

     "Oh, the pain is only in the mind," she said. "It'll be gone when I wake up."

       Walters snapped. "I didn't think of that."

"Okay, so what's left for us is to escape," Rose said, taking down the remaining bit of her muffin.

     "So how do we escape?" Walters asked.

      "Leave that to our leader," Rose said, looking at Pete.

     "Oh no, no. I'm not the kind to lead people," Pete said.

     "Are you sure?" Rose asked, and he nodded. "Alright. We'll escape right after this, okay?"