Chapter 17: Back To Work!

Start from the beginning

Eren could feel his breath getting more and more ragged as the man above devoured him in a fiery and passionate kiss. He could feel himself slipping… But—

“W-Wait, Levi… Ahh~!”

He felt his face heat up; he had accidentally allowed such an embarrassing noise slip past his lips!  With slight hesitance, he tried to wiggle himself free but that only made Levi grab his hands and pin them to the soft couch.

“W-We don’t have time for this! Let me go!”

He felt Levi slip his hands over his chest in teasing rubs.

“NOOOOOOOOO!”

~*~

DING!

“Oh, Levi you finally came! I thought you said you and Eren were only going to be late for an hour?” Hanji was the first to greet them when the elevator arrived on their floor. And as usual, Levi just brushed off her comment and headed toward his office. Behind him, a very lifeless looking Eren slowly followed with shaky steps.

Wait, Hanji was sure she could almost see his soul flying out! What happened to the boy?!

“E-Eren are you alright? You’re 2 hours late…”

Within a moment, Eren’s whole demeanor switched back. His face rose to a few shades of pink and he was glaring daggers toward the back of his boss slash lover.

“It was his fault!” Eren barked at Levi, but it only made him even more annoyed when said man entered the office with an amused chuckle. So he’s making fun of him now?!

His annoyance didn’t last long… because soon, everyone had found out that he was back and he was soon swarmed by the few he called to be his friends.

“Eren! I’m so glad you’re back!” Marco said enthusiastically with that same mother-like smile.

“How are you feeling Eren?” he felt a hand rest on the top of his head and looked up to see Reiner smiling at him.

“I’m doing great now! How’s work been?” Eren laughed.

“Things have been dull, man!” he heard Connie complain.

“Yeah, you weren’t here to bring cookies for us!” Sasha piped up, a couple of Pocky sticks dangling from her mouth.

That caused everyone in the group to laugh. They quickly fell into pleasant chatter and Hanji could only watch them with a soft smile.

“Things were much easier too without Levi around! We didn’t need to run around making sure the place was spotless!”

More laughter from their small group, and this joke was one Hanji joined in on. She could also see the glee in Eren’s face, and he was glad that the boy could still feel happy after all he’s been through… But, there was also a worry in her heart. After all, that day at the hospital…

~*~

“Levi, I need to talk to you.”

Erwin looked so grim- too grim actually and it made Hanji worry. It must have been something that he heard from that phone call… And, does it have something to do with Levi? Now, with all those things that happened, it probably was… She knew it.

Watching the two of them walk out, she furrowed her brows and handed the fruits to Mikasa. Thankfully, the three of them were too busy with one another to actually notice anything wrong; she didn’t want them to get involved. And she decided to follow them out.

Opening the door with a small, silent creak, she immediately spotted them at the edge of the corridor… And she could vaguely hear their conversation.

“Levi… I’ve got something bad to let you know.”

Bingo, Hanji thought.

“I just got a call from Nile.”

… Nile? Wasn’t Nile…

TO BE CONTINUED...!
{Please read the 'About This Chapter' and 'Future Chapter' sections. They're important! ^^}

AUTHOR'S NOTES~
Two chapters in a day hell yeah! I am on a role and I'm publishing simultaneous chapters like I promised!! <3 Your comments really spur me on to post more, thank you so much! Oh yeah, I just remembered about the two Bonus Chapters I promised too... Since it's pretty late right now for me... I need to get so sleep so I'll be posting the Bonus Chapter and Chapter 18 tomorrow! ;) YES, THERE IS SMUT IN BONUS CHAPTER 2 (I promised didn't I?) Look out for it! ^-^

ABOUT THIS CHAPTER... 
Mwahahaha, I bet you thought it was going to get smutty at that one part in this chapter? Well, not yet! (Well technically it did get smutty I just didn't describe it) XD I know I'm being mean but the smut shall come <3 Don't worry! <3 And yes, Eren ended up living in Levi's apartment even though his apartment is already fixed! (MORE of these sweet recovery days in the week will be posted and explained in Chapter 16.5) Things get will start to go down again after this ;)

FUTURE CHAPTERS...
So yes, if you've read the 'About This Chapter', there will be a Chapter 16.5!! So basically Chapter 16.5 is also like a bonus... but unlike the originally labeled 'Bonus Chapters', these chapters actually did happen in the story! I just felt that maybe it would drag out the plot too long so I fit them into extra chapters! BUT, the original BONUS CHAPTERS like the first "Valentines With You" are like one-shot stories and have never taken place in the story, I hope you don't get confused! ^^U Any questions, please comment or message me to ask! Yes so basically there will be a "BONUS CHAPTER 2 (Part 1 & 2)" coming as well as an extra CHAPTER 16.5! ^-^ The normal chapters will go as planned...

AS USUAL...
I thank you with all my heart for reading to this point, it makes me very happy if you enjoy my story and it makes writing this a lot more enjoyable! >w< So if you liked this chapter too, it would mean a lot if you voted for it and maybe leave a comment! They always make my day <3 I would be super thrilled if you followed me too! THANK YOU AND I LOVE CHU ALL! *gives cookies and love*

A Thousand Cranes For You: http://www.wattpad.com/story/22872652-a-thousand-cranes-for-you-riren-ereri