Chapter 20: The Plan

// "Let's be together again in our next life..!" //

CHAPTER 20: The Plan

~*~

It was silent; dead silent and as dark as night.

There were no phones ringing, no receptionists answering such calls, no sounds of workers typing away at their computers and even the lights were kept off. The windows were barred to the hilt and only small specks of light could creep between the cracks of the block but it did nothing to help illuminate the headquarters' surroundings. And with the air conditioning turned off, the place was as humid as it was silent.

Rewound back to several days ago, everything was a total mess.

Unexpected to the three of them, Levi's arrest had brought quite some controversy in the Scouting Legion... and before any of them could do anything about it, The Military Police had ordered for them to be shut down...with a direct approval from the monarch himself and Levi's trial had gone through without Erwin getting notified.

In his absence and with no one to defend Levi behind the curtains, Levi was sentenced to death.

It didn't come as a shock for the small group of five-they had been expecting that-in fact it played a big role in helping Erwin's plan to succeed. And so, it was because of that that they found themselves sneaking into the now abandoned building which was once the Scouting Legion Headquarters. Erwin had said that they needed something vital from within, and it was good that the Military Police hadn't conducted a raid yet.

They needed to act fast.

As Eren crept past what was once Levi's office, his mind briefly flashed back to the previous night when Erwin revealed his plan...

~*~

"So, it was a few days before Levi got arrested that I found out some interesting information from my sources." Erwin had said, "At first I hadn't truly trusted the information but after that incident, it all fit in place."

"See," Hanji continued off for him, "we found out that The Military Police has had direct connections with T.I.T.A.N."

Eren gasped, eyes filled with dread.

"Apparently, the MPs had an agreement with T.I.T.A.N to provide them the unlimited manpower and manipulation from the underground...and in return they gave T.I.T.A.N all the gun power they needed to finish their evil deeds and even offered them security." It was Erwin's voice again and it broke Eren out of his deep thought.

"So-!"

"Yes, that must be the reason why T.I.T.A.N has always been able to escape from any investigations we carried out." Hanji sighed and so did Erwin, "We believe that their main goal had been to manipulate the country and to put it under their own rule since the MPs are the ones closest to the monarchs. In a way, it's similar to politics nowadays... but with a much darker secret."