Chapter 05: You Work For Me Now

CHAPTER 5: You Work For Me Now

// "I keep getting this feeling that  you're so familiar. I just want to ask; have I seen you somewhere before?" //

~*~

“L-Levi…?” Eren heard himself ask, the sound of his rapid heartbeat thumping loudly in his ears.

Levi seemed so close to Eren, he could feel the heat radiating off of Levi already at this distance. Slowly lifting his eyes to meet Levi’s coal-black orbs, the smirk he caught on Levi’s lips only made him fluster for some reason. He swore he could feel Levi get closer by the second! Closer and—

“Follow me to my office tomorrow.” Levi stated simply, eyes boring into his own. Taking Eren’s sudden blur, he continued, “You’re going to work for me from tomorrow onwards.”

He turned his back to Eren and pushed his gloved hands back into the pockets of his coat.

“Since I know that even if I were to ask you to go back to school, you wouldn’t listen. I might as well offer you a solution to your problem.”

Eren finally reacted. “E-EH?! I’ll be working for you?!”

“Yeah, don’t expect me to repeat it again.” Levi scoffed, panning his eyes over to the corner where he saw a group of the workers starting to huddle up together.

“Bu—“ Eren wanted to say something, but he got cut off as Levi suddenly pulled him close by the arm and practically dragged him back to his car.

By now, Levi already showed how he obviously did worry for Eren’s well-being. But for some reason, he still didn’t want to explore into the reasons why he did so; he wasn’t sure whether it would be a good choice to. He pushed Eren into the convertible, not too roughly, but not that gently either. Just as he was getting into his own seat, the group of workers came storming over at them.

“So predictable”, he thought. His hands moved quickly; the car drove away before they could reach it.

Glancing at the rear-view mirror, he could see them trying to catch up and throwing random stuff at his car, but missed. Eren shot a glare behind his shoulder at them. That caused Levi to cock an eyebrow; he couldn’t help but have the thought of how Eren brought trouble— No, rather, how trouble always had a way of finding Eren and following him wherever he went. To think, it was true that after Eren came into his life, he constantly got tossed into many troubling situations that shook his normally calm life.

His eyes moved back to Eren beside him.

And, deep inside he knew, he liked the way Eren’s presence colored his life. Eren was something new that made him feel interest and maybe a hint of…something else in his life. With Eren working for him now, it would definitely be brighter.

~*~

He wasn’t pleased, his mood was dangerous again, and his glare was deadly when focused on the brunette with a ponytail- who had waltzed into his office, literally, and made herself comfortable by playing around with Eren.

Levi growled. Why Hanji got so interested in Eren the moment he entered was just obvious. But, he didn’t like the way she kept his day packed with her teasing and rants. Sure he had foreseen this happening a million miles away, but it was still completely irritating when it did.

“Eren~ Do you have a moment~?” she swung her hand around said teen’s shoulder and lazed about beside his desk right in front of Levi.

“A-Ah yes, Hanji-san—“

“No. He’s busy.” Levi bit out, “Go do your own work, you shitty four-eyes.”

“No…. That’s no fun, Levi!” Hanji whined in his office, hands still glued onto Eren.