Chapter 2: Lucian Briar and the Healing magic

Start from the beginning

I quickly pieced it all together, this was probably the man who the cart belonged to. Maybe the cart had fallen on him and broken his leg. Poor guy. I wonder how long he had been out here for... Anyways what was important was that I needed to heal this guy. Hastily I ran to his side and grabbed his clammy hand.

"Hello, are you alright? Can you hear me?" I asked frantically trying to keep him awake.

Slowly he turned his head to me. His eyes met mine, and I saw that he had given up hope, maybe he thought that he was going to die here, but I was not going to let that happen.

"P-Please..." he stuttered softly, barely making out the words. "T-Tell my mother I'm sorry." His pretty blue eyes were pleading with me.

"Tell her yourself!" I shot back at home with a reassuring smile. He was not going to die here. My own death was more than enough for me for one day.

"I-It's too late for me... My leg is broken, I've lost so much blood... Please just tell my family that I love them. M-My village it just through the forest, it's called Willow's Town." He murmured slowly yet desperately trying to get me to comply.

"Hey! Listen to me. You're going to make it. I know healing magic." The guy just frowned at me. And shook his head slowly.

"It's not possible to heal me. No magic is strong enough to heal my wounds." Even though he had been a resident of this world much longer than I had, I knew that that wasn't true. Somehow I knew that my power could heal him.

I gave him one last reassuring look before beginning. He only frowned at me and was probably thinking that it was impossible.

When people get operations, one of the first things they do is get some anaesthesia. I didn't want this guy to feel any pain so I called out, "Anesthetize!"

I noticed how he looked up at me amazed. Already he looked a bit more lively.

"The pain... It's gone..." It must have worked then. Thank goodness.

"Great, now just hold on a moment."

The next part was putting the bone back together. I took a deep breath and visualized his thigh bones realigning and reconnecting. Thankfully my magic flowed out of me and surrounded the man's leg; I watched as his bones reattached and fell back into place.

Finally the last bit. I just needed to get his flesh to heal. So I called out, "Heal!" With hearty happiness. I watched intently as the flesh meshed itself back together until there was no scar and not even a blemish, it was as if the wound was never there.

I sat back on my bottom on the grass and let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness that had worked. I turned back to the now fully healed cartman. He was gawking at his healed thigh. Slowly he stood up and walked a few paces. Again he sat down and re-examined his thigh. He retraced the gash where the cut had been but found nothing. He looked like he was in a state of shock.

Finally, he turned to look down at me. And I was a little struck by how handsome he was. He was surprisingly tall and lean. He had broad shoulders and muscular arms beneath an old aged linen shirt. Possibly from cutting down all that wood I saw in the cart. He had a gorgeous shade of light brown hair and bright blue eyes. His look was exotic and I guess it was typical of another world. I wondered if everyone in this world would be this attractive.

My attention snapped back to him, as he crouched down in front of me. His now serious-looking blue eyes stared straight into my own dark brown ones. Another thing that startled me was his build. Perhaps it was because he was lying down, huddled against a tree that had made him look smaller than he actually was. But now as he was standing before me, I felt the full force of his masculine energy. As he stared at me I could make out a hint of bewilderment in his look, but maybe the look leaned towards confusion, maybe even upset. I realised how close he was to me - his face was probably only a few inches from mine - so I tried to inch backwards, but my back was pushed back against the tree trunk. So I just had to uncomfortably look forward, into his sharp gaze.

"Who are you?" he asked it so simply and yet I felt as if I had just been accused of murder.

"Well nobody really..." I said back softly. I couldn't manage to look into his eyes any longer, so I looked down at the ground.

"How were you able to heal me?" For someone who looked my age, he was so stoic.

"I'm a healer." He frowned at me.

"I know healers, we have a few in my village, so I know how long it takes to heal a bone or a deep cut. The shortest healing period I have ever heard of was when a prince got attacked in the capital. The Royal mages came to heal him. Do you know how long it took to heal the slashes he got from the swords of the assassins?"

"No, I don't know." I felt my gut squeeze as if I had just been caught doing something bad.

"It took a whole week with two fully-fledged Royal Court mages, casting spells for hours every day."

My eyes widened with shock, no wonder he was acting so weirdly. It must have been crazy to him that I was able to heal him. But how could I explain this to him? Was I really okay to explain that actually, I had gotten this power from some Gods, would he even believe that? I decided that telling him that was not a good idea.

"Well, I'm just a very good healer." I tried to sound natural as I fake-laughed, but it sounded pretty fake as it came out. Consequently, he raised a thick brown eyebrow at me. But he stood up straight and took a step back.

"Thank you for saving my life."

"It's a pleasure." I smiled up at him. It felt good to save someone's life I guess. I stood up as well and noticed I was a whole head and a half shorter than he was.