Will you trust me?

Start from the beginning

 As soon as you finished putting a bit of makeup on, the doorbell went. Running downstairs to grab it before Haru, your Dad and Nemuri were there with lots of presents making you roll your eye at how crazy they'd gone. That's when you noticed just behind them was the Bakugou's, also with lots of presents. Waving you decided to start to make breakfast for everyone since that was the plan so they could play with Haru who was now in your dad's arms before being passed between the adults.

Katsuki had gone straight outside once he was ready to finish putting some final bits up. It had been agreed the other families were camping over.  So that meant putting up fairy lights, getting the tables ready, the bouncy castle, etc. There were lanterns and fire pit in the middle of the circle of tents for when the kids went to bed, so you all weren't too far if there were any problems. 

At one side was loads of blanket with a massive projector and screen, so everyone could be subjected to the Pokémon movie later. To say you had gone crazy was an understatement. After all, it was his first birthday without Ash you weren't sure how he would react, not only that you didn't know how you would feel as the day went on. All morning since you woke up you kept yourself busy but as soon as you stopped, Ash's face would come to mind but he was smiling and it had made you smile.

Once breakfast was ready you all sat eating breakfast, as he opened his presents from your Dad and Nemuri, as well as the ones from the Bakugou's. Katsuki and yourself had decided Haru would be opening the ones from you two later, not that you knew what the ash-blonde had actually gotten for him. 

As the grandparents distracted Haru, you and Katsuki decided to finish prepping the food and taking it out to the tables outside. Putting some music on whilst you worked on the speakers that were built out there the preparing went quickly. When you and Ash had designed the house, the two of you made a real effort in everything you did and worked hard for the perfect family home, so wanted it to be perfect. 

Katsuki was looking at you as you placed the last thing down, noticing that you had spaced out looking at the lake as if something was playing on your mind. He'd already realised today wouldn't just be hard for Haru and that half the stuff you had arranged including the Pokemon movie viewing was more for you than the little five-year-old. It was a coping mechanism, he'd known it from all the planning you were doing. Katsuki was always good at reading people, most of all he could read your emotions. 

In some sort of trance looking over to the lake, it was as if you were in a world of your own until Katsuki husky tones brought you back. "By my watch, we have about 15 mins before people arrive." His words made you turn to see him holding a beer up for you. As he walked closer you still didn't say a word, he could tell you were holding in the emotions of doing this without Ash. 

Grabbing the bottle out of his hand, he grabbed your free hand making you walk towards the decking over the lake. Pulling you to sit down with your legs dangling over the edge, as the two of you stared over the water rippling peacefully. It was as if the universe was saying this was the perfect moment, as the next track came on 'I love you this big by Scott McCreery.'