☆ミ Chapter One - Part One ☆ミ

~ The Year 2000 ~

Ashley's PoV

Betrayed - to have exposed (one's country, a group, or a person) to danger by treacherously giving information to an enemy. Or have been gravely disloyal to. This was how I currently felt, betrayed by the two people I thought I loved, I thought they loved me? I guess not. I sat alone in the back of the car, an older model painted an ugly mustard that my father decided would look "unique" well he got that part right, he was in the driver's seat with my mother in shotgun. The drive was incredibly quiet, not a word uttered from me or my parents, we didn't want to speak, or at least I didn't want to speak to them as I had nothing to say. I had plead my case and I sadly  knew this was for the better. The car slowly came to a stop outside the ominous looking piece of architecture that would be my new home. The Umbrella Academy. I stared at the building with wide eyes, I couldn't believe this was real, shipped off to live life as a child soldier what more could an 11 year old want? My mother turned to me with a small smile saying "Hey guess we are here! You can leave your bags for now we will come back out for them later, once we have met the Hargreeves, isn't it exciting darling?" She avoided eye contact, looking anywhere that wasn't her daughter. At least she felt bad for sending me here, that has to count for something. "It depends on what you class as exciting. For example a child seeing a dog for the first time would class that as exciting to said child, however an 11 year old girl being carted off to a private school where she knows nobody would class that as terrifiying" I say opening the door and exiting the car. I stop for a second, maybe that was a bit too harsh there Ashley, they are your parents after all... They quickly got out the car and grabbed the briefcase containing the 'sacred documents'. "Well here goes everything" I murmur as my father rings the bell.

"Good Evening Mr and Mrs Spectre how nice of you to arrive, now please follow me and I will escort you to Master Hargreeves." A voice says. My parents look slightly shocked so I peak round to see what they are staring at. It was an Ape dressed in formal attire and presumably a butler like figure in the house. I smiled, maybe this won't be that bad! I mean a walking, talking ape isn't exactly boring is it? We follow the Ape and my smile instantly drops, the house is so big and the walls lined with oil paintings. A tad pretentious if you ask me. My father takes my hand as we go up the stairs giving a reassuring look. I returned the look, finally understanding they are as upset about this ordeal as I am, no need for me to make this any worse than it has to be. When we finally reached the top of the Stairs I heard a gasp. My head instantly darts to the source, nothing, there was nobody there, or so I thought. "Sir Reginald Hargreeves, The Spectre Family have arrived" Pogo said, I heard his name from my mother on the way upstairs, she was always so social, able to get along with almost anyone, a trait I seem to lack. I'm more like my father, finding honesty the best policy, people were cruel. Then again, I was a bit of a show-off, often wishing to prove others wrong, that could be mistaken for socialising.

"Aha, splendid you may enter and take a seat here and you young miss shall sit there." The man known as Reginald Hargreeves states glancing over in my direction and pointing to what seems to be a dentist's chair that has been placed next to his desk. I slowly creep my way over to the seat, examining my surroundings in case I have to make an escape attempt. My parents went silent again appearing to be afraid of the man. People are just people, they may act tough however we are all made of the same blood, bones and muscles, at the end of the day we are fleshy bags of meat. What an exciting thought. "We will get right to the testing then shall we? Now miss Spectre I have read your file and it states you are in perfect health but files are just paper." He said making his way over to me and shining a torch in my eyes. "Well I agree there sir" I chuckle, but his face remains cold. Sorry? He grunts and continues to prod my face with various tools. I zoned out of this and kept looking at my surroundings. I felt as though I was being watched but I can't figure out who or where the person or people are. Hargreeves questions my parents occasionally glancing at the door, maybe someone's behind it who knows? "Right well then you are in perfect condition, please follow me outside to the courtyard miss" he says getting up and taking his rubber gloves off as he passes the ornate bin. 'Perfect Condition?' I thought, what am I some collectible? I hop off the seat and rush to catch up with the adults, damn my tiny legs.

"Shut it Klaus she'll hear you!"

"I'm not worried about her, I'm more worried about him"

"Just leave me be Klaus!"

"I'm afraid I cannot allow that Five"

I hear all these whispers as I approach the door, Hargreeves and my parents have already went by and are hopefully waiting around the corner for me, seeing how I have no idea how to get anywhere in this mansion. I open the door and am met with two boys play fighting. I cough and they pause, and stare at me for a minute then each other before quickly returning to a normal pose. One stopping to fix his tie, the other folding his arms and leaning against the wall. "May I be the first to welcome you here to the shithole known as the Umbrella Academy" one says extending their hand and smirking. He was about my height and had chestnut brown hair and sparking blue eyes that seemed to have a green aspect hidden in the orbs. Kind of cute, I won't lie, the smirk was adorable. I take his hand and shake it "Thanks, the name is Ashley Spectre, but I guess you guys can call me Ash." I smile and he returns the gesture, our eyes gaze into one an others for a moment before the other boy karate chops our arms. "C'mon Five quit staring, you'll catch the love bug heheh" He laughs before running away down the hall. The boy known as Five blushes "I-I was-" he starts but Hargreeves comes out of nowhere shouting "Five! Get back to the others, I have told you not to interfere with testing! And you young Spectre come this way, now!" while grabbing my arm and pulling me away from the boy. I sigh before looking back at him, he smiles and waves and I do my best to do the same despite the pain in my wrist. Reginald finally lets me go as we reach the stairs. "Now when we go outside you will be given a series of tests to confirm that you are what your parents claim you are, do I make myself clear?" He states with a glare. "Indeed good sir" I say sliding down the banister of the stairs with a salute. He growls and leads me towards the courtyard.

This shall  be fun

A/N

And thus chapter one part one is done!!! Did you like? If so remember to like and comment!!

Edited 19/02/2021 - Odd fixes here and there