He sits in front of the Alphas desk with a frown and a busted lip. Caramel eyes look up into mine and I see relief flood through them.

West sits up straighter, his eyes lighting up at the sight of me. I would've found it sweet, if he wasn't the one to get us in this mess.

Was Black Wolf so bad that he felt the overwhelming need to escape?

I advert my gaze from him, trying to remain unfazed by the presence of my mate.

He's nothing more than a prisoner to me.

"Ah! Alpha Black, how nice of you to finally visit." A tall man with bleach blonde hair and icy blue eyes smiles sinisterly at me. 

I keep my face straight.

"Alpha Woods." I acknowledge.

My wolf wanted out. The man's sickly smile reminded me of my mother's death. I knew the sick son of a bitch killed her.

"I was just getting to know your prisoner here. Quite a piece of work." Alpha Wood grins at West, who simply rolls his eyes.

"Yes, he has been a nuisance since he arrived in Black Wolf." I state, Kody standing stiffly behind me.

West quirks a brow at me, as if to say 'yeah right'.

"Why do you want him back then?" Alpha Woods asks, every sentence coming from his mouth having a double meaning.

I knew he would be suspicious, especially because my mother was a human mate to my father.

"Target practice." I shrug, hoping to play off the 'prisoner act' well.

Wood's eyes fill with humor as he chuckles darkly. West looks towards me in question, probably wondering why I wasn't telling Woods the whole truth.

West was given a bedroom his first day as 'prisoner'. He is free to roam the pack grounds as he pleases, I swam in my bra and underwear with him.

West was anything but a prisoner. At least he's smart enough to not question me in front of Alpha Woods.

"Very well, but before you run off how about you sit for a moment." Woods motions towards leather seats next to West.

Woods watches me like a hawk as I take a seat next to West. His heat hits my arm, and I feel myself calm down instantly.

His caramel eyes are on me, but I refuse to look at him. Woods is a perceptive man, he will be able to tell we are mates if I slip up for even a second.

Kody takes a spot on my left, a frown on his lips at the thought of staying longer than we have to.

"So, Alpha Black, I'm sure that you are aware that we are the only Alphas in North America without mates." Woods begins.

My fingers dig into the arms of the chair as he lets 'Alphas' reluctantly pass through his lips. I knew he didn't respect me as an Alpha; but he had to respect what I had made out of Black Wolf after my parents died.

That being said, he gave all the credit to the males that helped me with Black Wolf, such as Kody and his dad.

"I'm aware." I all but spit out, not wanting to know where he was going with this.

Woods smirks, leaning forward on his desk with folded hands.

I know a man trying to do business when I see one.