Twenty Five

Picture// Alex
Song// BAD! XXXTENTACION
Alex's POV

My body felt rigid and cold as I stomped behind the Blood Moon Beta.

I was glaring at him with so much wrath, I'm surprised a hole hasn't burned into his head

Blood Moon warriors surrounded us, keeping a keen eye on Kody and I.

A million thoughts were running through my head, but the main one was: why is Rylie so god damn selfless all the time?

It was something I adored about her- yet it was also her biggest flaw. She would throw herself through anything if it meant keeping her loved ones safe.

I know she didn't have any other option when Martinez caught up to us in the woods.

We were on our knees, at his mercy.

Now, I had to figure out a way to get her out of this alive and I could tell Kody and Jude we're thinking the same thing.

Kody kept his eyes on the trees, following his mate, who snuck through the heavy foliage like a ghost.

No wonder his name is Casper.

I don't know how he has managed to keep his presence unknown to the Beta. However he is doing it, he is damn good at it.

As we walk through the cold evening, I see Black Wolf territory over the hill and I almost smile.

I never had a real place to call my own, so the pack had become my home quickly.

"We are here, round up your pack- we are leaving in an hour." The Beta speaks coldly to me, not turning around as I step over the boundary of Black Wolf.

"One wrong move, and your mate is dead." The Beta growls, making me clench my fists tightly.

A Black Wolf warrior approaches us and I recognize him as the man Riley was holding against the wall my first day here.

His eyes wash over us, hardening on the Beta of Blood Moon.

"Where is Alpha Black?" He questions, his eyes settling on Kody.

My heart clenches at the mention of her name, wishing she was here with me.

"Gather the pack on the training fields, tell Tom to meet us in Black's office." Kody says with authority.

The man opens his mouth, but Kody quickly silenced him.

"I don't need any questions, do what I say." Kody states, making the man nod and run off.

I walk with Jude and Kody towards the pack house, the Blood Moon Beta watching us like hawks from the edge of the training fields.

He was giving us freedom, but I knew if we stepped out of line- Rylie was dead.

My wolf growls lowly in my head at the thought.

I hadn't gotten to know my wolf well, but I knew one thing: we both loved Rylie with our entire being.

If anything happened to her, I wouldn't be able to continue living.

I don't even notice that we've reached Rylie's office, until Kody shuts the door and sighs loudly.

"Home sweet home." He says sarcastically, dropping into one of the leather chairs in front of Rylie's desk.

Jude slumps into the other one, his sad blue eyes a constant reminder of his sister's.

I clench my jaw at her scent, which surrounded me everywhere I turned.

"Sit, Tom will be here soon." Kody pats my back, making me shake out of my daze.

I stare at Rylie's seat. It didn't feel right to sit there. It was her chair.

"You're the Alpha now, sit in Rylie's seat." Kody snaps at me, making me sigh loudly.

I slouch into the chair, glancing at Kody and Jude from over the oak desk.

"How the fuck are we gonna pull this off?" I shake my head, squinting my eyes from lack of sleep.

"I haven't the slightest clue." He shakes his head.

Jude shrugs, his eyes pinned on the floor as a tear rolls down his cheek, "I don't know."

Great.

Kody pats Jude's back, a pitiful look on his face.

"It's gonna be okay, Judy. We will find a way." Kody soothes him.

"What if we can't? I can't loose another family member." The boy shakes his mocha curls.

He looked so much like her, it hurt me to look at him.

I understand now why their father took his life. If he loved Rylie's mom half as much as I love Rylie, it made sense why he couldn't live anymore.

Everywhere I turn, I see her.

I see her in her little brother, in the messy paper work on her desk, hell even in wallpaper of the office I see her face.

"Where is the Alpha?" Tom asks, walking into the room with raised brows and a frown.

"They got her, Tom." Kody mutters, making Toms eyes dart towards me.

"The human-" He begins.

"I'm a wolf now, and Rylie is my mate. We need your help." I say sternly, making the man nod.

"How can I help?" He asks, crossing his arms.

"Blood Moon is going to execute Rylie tomorrow at noon. They want Black Wolf there to witness it, to 'send a message'." I explain to him.

His eyes harden as his brows furrow tightly.

"Send a message about being a female Alpha." He shakes his head, filling in the blanks for himself.

I nod, my fists tightening on their own accord.

"We have allies. I don't know how quickly they can come, but I can reach out-" Tom says.

"They will be too late. Our nearest allies are in California, they won't be here in time." Kody shakes his head.

We all fall silent, thinking over our options-which were heavily limited.

Kody smirks at me, or more towards behind me.

I furrow my brows, twirling the chair to see Casper outside the window.

We must be three stories up, how the hell did he climb up here?

I quickly open the window, allowing his slender body to squeeze through.

"Hey, guys." He says, out of breath.

Kody grins, "Hey, love."

Tom and Jude's wild eyes look between the two of them.

"How much has changed in the last four days?" Tom questions, looking perplexed as Casper walks towards Kody and takes a seat on his lap.

"This is my mate, Casper. He is from Blood Moon." Kody fills in, rolling his eyes at the older man.

Jude's jaw drops, as Tom nods slowly.

"I didn't know you were gay." Jude whispers under his breath.

If I was still human, I wouldn't have heard the comment.

Kody punches Jude in the arm softly, making Jude smile a tiny bit.

I pull the reins back, focused on my mate.

"Casper, please tell me you know how to get Rylie out." I almost beg the boy.

His bright eyes meet mine, "I think I do know how, but it's going to take the entire pack of Black Wolf to help."

I swallow, nodding.

I would do anything for her.

"Well, go on tell us." Tom pushes.

Casper glances at all of us before speaking.

"Okay, but you might not like it." He winces.