Ten

Picture// Night Sky
Song// Best Friend Rex Orange County

I wake up with a gasp, blinking away the bloody images from my dream. Toms daughter's bloody body was the subject of my terror.

It caused a whole new wave of guilt to wash through me.

Sighing, I check the time. It was half passed six in the evening. I really need to get my sleeping schedule back on track.

I slide on my dads large hoodie and some training shorts. The hoodie used to smell like him, I wore it every night to bed when I was younger.

Now after numerous washes, his scent had faded tremendously.

A knock on my door and a wave of caramel and coffee hits my senses, making me speed towards the door.

Behind it, my mate stands with a blanket and a bag of Chinese food.

"Uh, hey." He swallows.

I smile at him, "Hey."

He lifts the bag with a quirked brow.

"I have this entire bag of noodles but nobody to join me." He smirks.

I roll my eyes, "That seems like a problem."

"Maybe you'd like to join me under the stars for some cheap Chinese?" He quirks a brow, making me blush.

I shrug, hiding my smile as I pull on some shoes.

"Let's go, I know the perfect spot."

****

We reach the top of a hill that overlooked the entire territory. West's eyes were large as they took in the peaceful scenery.

"Wow, this is beautiful." He sighs, setting down the blanket on the ground.

He flops onto the red checkered blanket, sending me a lazy smirk as I sit next to him with a small smile of my own.

West hands me a white box of food, which I immediately open.

"My dad used to bring me here before he died." I say quietly, as I move my eyes across the sky in wonder.

I could still name each constellation in front of me.

I feel West's gaze on me and I can tell he wants to say something.

"Sorry, I know it's hard to respond to something like that." I cringe, glancing at him out of the corner of my eye.

Some people felt uncomfortable when I mentioned my parents, like they didn't know what to say or how to say it.

He shakes his head, "No it's not that."

I turn more towards him, watching as he bites his lip in thought.

"I lost my parents too when I was a kid. Throughout the years I've learned that people who have experienced loss don't need a 'sorry'- just someone to listen to them keep the memory of their loved ones alive." He explains, and I swear my heart stopped beating.

West has also lost his parents and in a way it made me automatically feel closer to him.

"Do you have any siblings?" I question him.

He shakes his head, "Nope, I'm the last of my family line."

I frown at him. At least I had Jude left, even if the kid did hate my guts.

"I grew up in a boys home, which was rough." He chuckles, eyes twinkling at me.

I smiled lowly, but my heart broke for him. When my parents died I had loads of support and backup from Kody and his family, and the pack.