Chapter 18

It must be the alcohol talking but am I really contemplating on calling this guy? No don't call him, that'll just be a drunk mistake.

                “Why the hell aren't you saying anything? Are you upset with me Hansen? Where are you goi-”

                 “Bye.” I leave as I cut her off mid sentence.

------------

        My mind is only racing more just thinking about Ash, Sage, or anyone from the party being downstairs once these elevator doors open to the lobby. I have no idea what I would do if I found one of them there. I find myself just racing outside into the cool night, it's actually quite beautiful, and being that I have been bouncing from room to room, I’m pretty hot.  

My hand just crumples up the paper that still remains lying in it and when I look up from deep thought, I can only see that I am near some red payphones. Where the fuck am I? Did I actually just get lost?

Each block I turn to I keep finding that I get deeper into confusion as to where the hell I am. Sprinkles of water come from the sky, literally out of nowhere. It is sure to start pouring any second. I'm going to be drenched. I just have to laugh when the drizzle begins to beat down on me harder.

Really? It's like I am in the middle of nowhere, every corner I turn, just takes me to more closed restaurants and bars. There is no way I am familiar with any of this.

Yeah, I’m lost for sure. When the cold starts to kick in, I realise that the only thing I have is another tall red box I see in front of me. It must be warmer and less...damp.

        My hand reaches for the brisk door handle that leads into a small booth with windows surrounding me and a black phone that hangs from a dial on my left. I cant seem to wrap my head around going back to that hotel, let alone room tonight. Even if I wanted to go back, how the hell will I get there?  My wallet is missing from my purse when I check to see if I can find the room number that I wrote down on a notepad. The only number that I have is the one still crushed in my palm from my purse.

        What happens if I give this guy a call? He can't live far from here, after all he works ten minutes away from where I stay. Being wasted doesn't help my decision at all so I start to dial the boy’s long number after I flattened the receipt out as best as I could. Maybe atleast I can get some knowledge as to where I am and how I can get back to warm and dry civilization again.