Chapter 14

Hansen’s POV :

I cannot believe my eyes. Sage. He brought Sage to the party. Am I in a dream? I must be. I can’t think straight and my blood pressure must be down because I’m woozy.

                “Hey you okay? Can you believe that Sage is here with him?” For being someone who feels like the world just came crashing onto them, she is asking too many questions.

                “Im fine.” My smile to her shows that I'm having a good time and my body does the same by dancing still.

                “Don’t worry about it Hansen, she’s a slut and-” Here we go, this crap again.

She does this all the time. As if I haven’t heard it enough this trip.

                “I know.” I yell to her dismissing her comment focusing on what the heck just happened.

Don’t cry.

People are pushing me around everywhere and cheering begins to start up loudly. What the heck could possibly be going on now?

                “Alright everyone, we have two players who volunteered already, now they have to pick who they want to play against!” The crowd cheers even louder as the DJ talks into his mic.

Players?

I see Cal leave Till for the front of the room where everyone migrated suddenly. My hand reaches Tillie’s quick, pulling her to the flock of strangers. The first thing I see is the tan black haired boy whisper into Ash’s ear.

                “Did you pick an opponent then?” The DJ asks. You can tell he is drunk by the way he slurred the last part of his sentence.

When Ash turns his head to the DJ, he shakes it until he disappears into the bedroom which belonged to God knows who.

                “Okay while he's contemplating, have you found an opponent lass?” He carried on becoming too loud for the tiny room. Who did he ask that to? My feet couldn't help themselves but to move even closer to who the man was talking to.

                “Okay cheers! Right well let’s wait for your boyfriend to get back!” He exclaims.

Who did the “lass” pick?

Who is this “lass”?

And, her boyfriend?

                “Hansen, where are you? Come on down love!” Me? I look at the DJ with shock.

        Who the hell wanted to play this game with me? Maybe this was the game Mikey was talking about. If we are playing a game, I sure as heck don't want to be in it. Who knows me well enough here to be nominating me to play a stupid game with them anyways?  When I look in the front of me all I can see is a path everyone had made so I could show up to this “fun” activity.

                “This will be so entertaining.” Sage’s freakishly obnoxious vocals come out of nowhere whom stands at the end of the ping pong table which had cups on each side of it.

Beer pong. They want me to play beer pong. I feel so oblivious thinking that this was just here for recreational enjoyment at a party. I’m so stupid. I stand face to face in front of the girl I hate the most, and my eyes well up again for about the third time tonight. This is so low of her.

        A pathway to my right begins to form and I see Ash come out to position himself right next to her. I cannot fathom the kind of betrayal I feel when his face looks at me with a smile. He turns his head to the loud ass DJ who has humiliated me as well as Sage and chats to him.

                “Luke!”  Luke? Whos that?

I notice a guy coming out of the room in hesitation. Everyone pushes him to become side by side with me. So he’s my partner. When he comes closer, I turn straight forward until he starts to talk.

                “Alright mate, let’s do this.” The words escape from my partners mouth.  

        My eyes graze along the boy’s long legs which wore black skinny jeans that had cut outs on his knees so they were bare for everyone to see. When I go up from there, his graphic nirvana t-shirt holds only the color yellow and black. As he looked at me and smiled, my attention was caught on the black lip ring he wore, plus his more than amazing blue eyes.

                “Its on.” Ashton lets out a sarcastic laugh and looks at the bitch next to him.

                “Oh, and thank you for picking my partner Sage.” The blonde gazes at Sage and shoots me a big smile biting the left side of his lip. So he knows her too. Nice.

                “Anyways, the rules of the game are tha-” Ashton interrupts Sage’s rant and my eyes roll.

                “The rules are that everytime you miss, you have to take an article of clothing off…” Fuck.

                “And.”  Fuck!   

                “When you score, the other person has to drink the cup that the ball landed in.” He adds and my nerves settle in.

                “Oh, and the loser HAS to makeout with their partner in front of everyone.” Sage speaks over the douchebag emphasising the ”has”. Her little smirk makes me want to wipe it right off her face.

Let’s just get this over with.